Chapter 55

Gavin

                    (Three days later)

Arriving in my office I noticed my office door was open. Walking in I see Allen sitting at my desk. “What the hell are you doing here.” “You're not answering or returning my calls.” “Why should I.” “I came to apologize. I shouldn’t have said what I said.” “Why did you? To drive a bigger and deeper wedge between me and my son?” “No that was never my intention. I never wanted Jonah to find out what I did or not in the way he did. I got pissed at you because you kept pushing it and I wanted. I don’t know I guess I wanted you to hurt more.”

“What the hell is wrong with you? I am trying to mend a shattered relationship with a son didn’t know I had. I fucking hate what I told Simone back then. The fucked up part even back then you know is the one fucking person who knew WHO FUCKING KNEW HOW MUCH  REGRETTED IT.” “I remember.” “I’ll-“  “do nothing,” I say cutting him off.  “Gavin he needs to know and he wants to hear it from me then he should. Will he like what I have to say, no, but he will know.”

“Stay away from my som.” “That’s something you can't control.” “I’m going to say it one more time stay away from Jonah.” “I’m going to answer all of his questions and apologize to him. Do I expect you or him or hell even Simone for that fact to forgive me, no, but I want each of yall to know how deeply sorry I am.” “Sorry didn’t do this fucked up shit. Look at the damage you did to Simone.” “I apologized to her and it doesn’t begin to fix the agony I brought to her.” “You right it doesn’t.” “And Jonah needs the same. He wanted to know and I’m going to tell him”

“Why not let Simone and I deal with this and tell Jonah” He stood up walking towards the door. “I don’t think you nor Simone can tell your son what happened all those years ago. While I took your mom virginity the woman I married and my best friend recorded it. They tried to take you but instead, I was trapped in my own pain and couldn’t see what was in front of me. People who were closest to us made porn star’s out of us.” I just stared at him. “It’s best if I tell him. I would rather Jonah hate me than him hating you.” He said then walked out of my office.

Moments later the door open again to reveal Simone’s brother Odell. “Good morning. If you looking for Jonah he is in a class far as I know.” “I wanted to talk to you about your sister.” “Gwen. Is something wrong with her” “No I would like to date her but I needed to check with you and Simone first to make sure it will be no animosity or hostility towards anyone.” “Does Gwen like you.” “Honestly I don’t know, but she is worth the chance.” I nodded my head.

“do you know what happens in her marriage.” “No, I don’t” “Gwen should be the one to tell you; however I feel you need to know in order to knock her walls down to show her that you are there for her. I can tell you care for her and I know you will not hurt her therefore, I will help you and I hope my sister will finally find some happiness and peace.” I say with a smile.

“Gwen’s ex-husband use to beat and he did rape her at times.” She tried to hide it and keep it from us, but I know my sister. When he tried to hold her hostage to get me to give him millions and when I didn’t comply he barricaded her in the house and beat her relentless. She has lost two kids because of him. He took her on a trip to Colorado and locked her outside in freezing cold mind you, she was naked. More shit happened and that for her to tell you. Gwen has been through enough.” “What happens to the bastard.” I wanted to kill him and so did my dad but he in prison where he is serving  75 years.” “I want to kill him. I will never hurt Gwen I really do care about her.” “I can tell, but shouldn’t you have gone to our dad.” “I just wanted to make sure it was fine with you,” “I just want my sister happy.”

“Funny you should say that. I want sister and nephew happy too. I don’t know if it will be with you or someone else but I trust you want the same for Simone and Jonah.” “Just like Gwen, they have been through enough and I only want to see then happy.”  He nodded. “Thanks for hearing me out.” “Of course any time” We both stood up and he shook my hand when we walked out.  

                       Jonah

After school was over I was on my way to football practice when I heard my name being called. “Hey Jonah wait up” Turning around I see Allen. “What the hell do you want.” “Your questions, I have the answers all of them.” A small war rages in me between what to do. “It will be better if you hear them from me and not your parents. It was not their doing but mine and Maddison.” “Maddison, his wife. Wait she is su-“ “She was your moms ‘best friend’ but she did some horrible stuff.” “Can't be as bad as that bastard who is my mom’s dad.” “You really don’t know anything do you kid.” “What are you talking about.” “William played a vital role also.”

“I Want to know everything.” “Let’s go,” Allen said. “I have practice.” “Gavin will understand” “I don’t want special privilege just because of who people say I am to him” “It’s easy you want the answers or don’t you.” “I do” “I’m leaving town for a while so it's now or waits seven months before I return.”

“Let’s go then,” I say.

Comment:

Vote:

Share: