Chapter 102

Gavin
                    {2 years later}

“Daddy” I remained silent while playing sleep. “DAAAAAAADDDDDYYYYYY,” she said as she shook me. I smile at her actions.  “DAAAADDDD  AHHHHH” Mila screams as I pick her up and tickle her. “Big game” “Yes daddy has a big game today.” “Why” “It’s daddy last Super Bowl and game.” “YAAAAHHHHH” she screamed. “Is mommy with Isaac” “No” “Where is your brother.” She took off running out the hotel room suit. Getting out of bed I go to the bathroom doing my daily routine.

While I was brushing my teeth I felt arms snake around my waist. “Good morning.” “Good morning beautiful.” I felt Simone place a kiss on my back. When I was done I turned around facing her I kissed her fervently. After breaking the kiss Simone looked me in the eyes. “Are you ready for tonight?” “Ready as I will ever be,” I say.

“Gavin if you want to play some more years I will understand and support you.” “Sweetheart I have played football long enough, It has consumed a lot of my time all I want now it to be more of a husband and father. I love you for wanting to support me playing but you and the kids need me more than football.” Simone kissed me deeply I pulled her into me more.

“STOP KISSING MY MOMMA. GET OFF OF HER. SHE GOING TO END UP WITH  PREGNANT WITH THREE BABIES INSTEAD OF TWO.” Steve yelled while holding a giggling Isaac. “Steve I’m not pregnant. What are you talking about?” “You could end up pregnant momma.” Steve covered Isaacs ears “Are yall using protection.” “Steve who the parents and who is the child,” I asked with a raised brow.

“Somebody has to be dad. You and momma were about to give me and Isaac three more siblings.” “Steve what do you want,” Simone asked laughing. “Oh, the party for dad party tonight the food caters called I gave them the okay and add some more food.” “What party?” Simone gave Steve a look.

“Oops, well Isaac and I will be on our way.” He said scurrying out the room. “Simone”  “Please act surprised.” “Why is there a party being thrown.” “We just want to let you know we love you and celebrate your career.” I kissed my wife. “Thank you, baby. We need to win first.” “You will my love.” Getting back in the bed I lay down staring at the ceiling “What’s on your mind.”

“just thinking Jonah and Steve are going to both be in the NFL draft, the twins are about to be two. I’m ready to be here for it all.” Simone got on the bed laying on top of me. “You just hope you win tonight.” “Not really the game is the least of my worries.” “Then what is.” “Jonah and I have come along way but.” “But he is going to the NFL.” “I want our son to follow his dreams and passion I just want to spend more time with him.” We laid in silence. “Get ready to go to the arena,” Simone said.  “Yeah, I need to.”

Listening to the coach as we were about to go onto the field. Hearing my phone go off I looked at it seeing a text from Simone.

Simone: I just want to tell you I love you and you know where I am.”  I smile at the text as it was time to take the field.  

Blocking out everything, I was ready to play. Walking out hearing the crowd chant my name made me even more pumped. Stepping onto the field it was different. Relaxing with each step I turn to face the crowd. Seeing my kids, my parents, Gwen, Odell Jr., and my brother’s in law. It made me proud even though I didn’t see Simone, however, I knew she was watching me.
Down by two touchdowns in the fourth quarter with eight minutes left in the game. Throwing a deep ball Hinn caught the ball running it in for a touchdown. As our opponents were about to score one of the corners intercepted the football running it down to the 35-yard line. The ball was snapped to me, but all the wide receivers were covered leaving me to run the football in and score tying up the game.

The time expired on the clock sending us in overtime. Taking the field I looked up and saw my kids faces and it gave me all the inspiration I need. The ball was snapped to me and again all of the wide receivers were covered. Taken off I saw one of the receivers open I threw him the ball as ran it in for the touchdown. The stadium erupted in cheer as we won the game.

Shaking hands and saying good game to the other team sports journalist was in my face.

“Gavin, this was your last game how does it feel?” I saw my have kids running toward. I smiled as they approached us. Mila and Isaac each reaching for me. “It feels better now.”  “Your wife is once again not present how does that make you feel” Before I could respond Steve did. “Why so worried about my momma and her whereabouts. She don't want to fuck you. Her and daddy have sex enough.” Mine and Jonah’s mouth dropped. “Oh, I said on national TV  didn’t I,” Steve said looking like a deer caught in headlights. “My kids are better than winning any football game and just so you know my wife is here,” I say smiling. “Thank you for your time” “Thank you.”

When everything was over I was leaving the area going to the car I hear my name being called. “Mr. Langford.” Turning to the direction of the voice and stared at the person before me. Everything fell out of my hands.

“It’s been a long time Gavin,” She said leaving me speechless. 

Comment:

Vote:

Share: