Chapter 62

Jonah

Gathering up my books and other items to leave out of class and go to lunch. Standing outside of the cafeteria in school trying to call my mom but no response. “You alright?” Steve asked me. “I can't get a hold of momma.” “Our lunch break is long enough we can go to the house now.” “Thanks Steve” I say as we headed to his car.

Pulling up at the house I see Gwen arriving behind us while I eyed another car. Getting out the car I heard my name being called. “Jonah.” Turning around I see Gwen with a concerned look plastered on her face. “Shouldn’t you be at school. Are you okay? Is something wrong?” “I haven’t heard from momma and that is unlike her.” Looking at the vehicle again it snapped in my head who it was and I took off running to the house.

Looking at him tower over and bully my mom as she was about to slap him he grabbed her hand raising his as I jumped over the couch to catch him as he was about to strike my mom. Gripping his hand I punched him in the face as he let my mom's wrist go he fell on the ground. I turned to my mom and saw she had a bruise on her face. I assume Steve saw it the same time I did because he was all over William punching him in the face then I joined him.

When the ambulance and police came we convinced momma not to press charges. He s going to get what’s coming to him. Steve and I talked to them while Gwen took momma upstairs. After they left we went to go check on her. I saw her sitting on the bed talking to Gwen. “Sorry for interrupting I just wanted to check on you before we go back to school.” “I have to go back to school to Jonah,” Steve said rolling his eyes. “We have to go,” Steve said as my mom and Gwen laughed. Momma got up and hugged us both. “What made you come home.” “You weren’t answering your calls unlike you.” She hugged me tighter, “I love you,” She said with a bright smile. “C’ mon yall, C'mon, C'mon” Steve says wiping tears from his eyes.

“Uh, Steve.” “that was a special moment I witnessed. My special moments with my parents consist of me not going blind.” “Steve” momma said in a harsh tone. “You saw them. Shades don’t dull them bright colors. We all burst out laughing. “Get to school I will see yall when yall get home.” Momma said as we walked downstairs. I looked at Gwen. “I’m going to stay with her” She said with a smile. I nodded and mouth a thank you.   

Getting back to school we rushed to our class and the rest of the school went by smoothly. When school was over I called and check in on my mom then went to football practice. “Jonah, how is your mom and aunt Gwen?” I looked up at Keith. “Excuse me.” “I didn’t mean to hurt either of them or you.” “Even though Gwen is nothing to me they are both better off without you,” I say then continue practicing. Coming in off the field from practice I see Allen coming in the front door. Going up to him “What are you doing here?” “I need to talk to Gavin.” “Oh,” I said then headed to change my clothes. “When you change come into his office.” I nodded my head the got a quick shower.

Knocking on the door ‘til I heard “Come in” I see him doing work and Allen sitting on the edge of the desk. “How was practice phenom” Allen asked. “It was well ready for the game on Friday.” “Well, this event is coming up rather quickly. The best way for us to get in is to use Gavin.” “Can we make this quicker.” “Date is already set, we can't change that,” Allen said then Gavin stood up as Allencontinued. “Did something happen?” “He came to the house. Momma hit him then he hit her and I think that’s when I came in.” “Why did she let him in,” he asked. “She didn’t he pushed his way in?” I saw something in his eyes.

                              Gavin

“He pushed his way in.” Anger surged through me when I asked. “Did you say he hit her.” He nodded. I was about to go deal with this and hopefully kill him. “chill Gavin” I heard Allen say. “Listen I get your angry but this won't help what we are planning.” I took a deep breath. “I am sick her being hurt” “This coming from one of the ones who cost her the most pain.” Jonah said looking at me. At this moment looking Jonah in his eyes I knew he would never want me and Simone together and it broke my heart. Looking at them I walked out of my office.  

I went to my parent's house not going into their house I went to the pool house where memories of Simone and I painted the walls. “Son” I just sat there in my sea of emotions. “What’s wrong.” My dad asked. Emotion took over me and I couldn’t talk. I don’t know why but tears spring from my eyes. “Maybe in time you and Simone will have more kids.” As those words entered into my ears another wave of emotions took over. “Simone and I will never have any more kids just Jonah. Besides Simone and I will never be together.” “why not.” “I don’t want to hurt my son any more than I already have.” “Gav-“ “Just stop dad. I love my son to hurt him anymore.”

                              Jonah  

Getting home about to go inside Allen stopped me. “You can't punish him forever. He is trying.” “What are you talking about” I tried to wave it and play dumb. “Your dad. Before you say anything he is your dad. He loves you and he’s trying.” “He wa-“ “Told your mom to have an abortion. That is all you are grabbing onto. Look at all the hell I took your mom through. I mean really look at all the fucked up shit I to Simone now compare it to what Gavin did.” His words bounced in my head like a ping pong ball. “Both of yall did fucked up shit to my mom.” “I agree that is true. I did more and you know it. You just don't want to admit it. Gavin is trying and he loves you  whether or not you believe you and he would have loved this baby if it was born then what would you be doing.” That struck me different. What if my sister or brother would have lived.” “I would still hate him.” “no, you wouldn’t. You would hate the fact he wasn’t there for you as a child. You would hate that your baby sister or brother had the dad you wanted.” I stayed silent. “What's sad is you don’t see he is waiting for you to be the dad you want. You can't blame him when you are partly to blame yourself kid.” He said then turn going to his car as I was about to go into the house I heard his voice.

“Jonah” I turned to face him “Your not just hurting and punishing Gavin you are hurting and punishing your mom. How much longer are you going hurt her.” He said then got in his truck then left.

Comment:

Vote:

Share: