Chapter 69

Gavin

William was about to stand up but Odell sat him back down in the chair then said something to him. "I first meet Mr. Blackstone when I was in high school. I went to his house to take his daughter out on a date. He was warm and welcoming, but it was all a façade William Blackstone is a twisted sick, heartless evil man." I heard a lot gasp people being mumbling to others at the tables. "I forgot he is a pedophile he slept with his daughter's friend when she was a teenager." William stood up quickly. "You stop lying" "You tell them what you did to your daughter." A man a few tables behind him stood up. "Sir," He said looking at me. "With all due respect, I have known this man he is none of these things you are wrongfully alleging. As for Simone, he was broken up when she ran away. He has been trying to find her, we even tried to find her."

"Find her. He kicked her out when she got pregnant. How long did he give her Patrick?" Odell and Patrick came and stood beside us. "Our sister Simone did not, I repeat did not run away. She told the family she was pregnant our father here told her she had an hour to get out of the house." Silence ate up the room. Allen came up I moved over so he could stand at the microphone. "Should I tell them or you going to tell them" Allen smirked

"He gave a woman 5,000 for a bet for Gavin to sleep with his daughter. He claims he didn't know; however, I'm inclined to believe he did. This wonderful man yall is congratulating and happy for whored out his daughter. What's more sickening." William rushed the stage. I stood in front of Jonah. "Yall better stop lying. I'm calling the cops." "And tell them what exactly. That you knew your daughter was drugged in your house and you watched her get raped by your lover, her so-called friend," William swung on Allen but he moved.

"William" Odell said. "Times up. We all know what you did. You told us not to tell anybody about what you to Simone because you didn't want to be stature to be jeopardized. When Simone sent pictures of Jonah when he was a baby you either cut them up or burned them and sent them back to her. You threatened us and even momma when she was alive that if we talked to Simone we would suffer at your hands."

"William is this true," I'm assuming a fellow co-worker asked with curiosity all over his face. "Tobey you know me, these are lies and I'm calling the cops to have them arrested." "What about me. Am I a lie." Jonah stepped from behind me. "All the racial names you call me, or when you call me a faggot or gay bastard," Jonah said standing in front of William. The anger emerging more in William. "What about when you called my mom a whore and a slut and she was good for nothing. How you said she wasn't yours. When you got off to watching her get raped," William relaxed as he started walking away he quickly swung back around and punched Jonah in the face twice.

Quickly jumping in I punched William a few times before someone removed him from me. Getting out the grip I went to Jonah's side. "I got you," I said as he held his nose. "Let me look" While examine is nose where he have I seen it was just a hard hit not broken and his eye was beginning to swell and get color around it. I got up and made an ice pack. "Hold this on your eye" Taking off my jacket I placed it under Jonah's head. "I'll be right back." I went over and punched William again. Patrick Helped him up as he looked at me. I punched him again. "That's for Simone." I punched him two more times "That's for my son." He spits blood out of his mouth trying to reach Jonah.

"What you did all this to get back at me over that whore who spread he-" I punched him again. "I wasn't the man she needed back then I have changed and grew up and is she lets me love her you better know I will love her past the pain and give her a love so real and strong it scares her. If my son allows me I will be the best father I can be. I will never treat my son the way you did your child especially Simone." "You told her to kill the bastard. You di-" I launched myself on him punching him over and over until I was physically removed from him. "William Blackstone, you are under arrest." I heard a voice behind me say. I saw Allen whispering something in his ear as he was yelling at all of us.

Going back to where Jonah was I kneeled beside him. "How you feeling" "I'm okay." "Where is-" "He's going to jail, then prison." "Where several people are waiting on him," Allen says wickedly. "You have people waiting," Jonah asked. "He loved seeing Simone as the victim so tables have turned. How you holding up kid." "Can I ask you both something," Jonah asked looking between me and Allen.

"What is it," "If yall were best friends why did you do this to him." He asked looking at Allen. "I'll answer later but it's time for me to leave." Allen looked at me "Can I talk to Jonah for a quick minute." I looked at Jonah. "It's alright." He said as I walked over to Odell and Patrick who were finishing up talking to the police. "Can I talk to both of yall really quick. "Sure what's going on," Patrick said. "I would like to take Jonah home. I know yall was supposed to but I wo-" "He's your spend some time with him." "Thank you," I said as Allen approached us. "If yall need anything else let me know. I need to get back to work." "Thank you for everything Allen," I said.

"Your family needs you, Gavin. I'm just sorry I didn't realize it earlier. He looked at me then walked away. After getting Jonah we went back to Simone's house. I got the keys to opening the door. Jonah sat down on the couch I found some Advil and gave him two. "I'm going to get a shower." "You sure you alright." "I'm okay." He was walking up the stairs when I heard him speak. "I see that you trying and I get you are but it's going to take some time but I will try. It will be slow but i-" "I will take what you will give. I know I have you gain your respect and trust and I will do what I have to do. I know I hurt you and I'm so sorry. I'll give you all the time and space you need. I do love you, Jonah." He nodded. "We will see," he said as he went upstairs.

Picking up a picture of Simone and Jonah I smiled at them. "Hey, what are you doing here," I laughed "Such a warm welcome." "I didn't mean it like that." I turn to face her she had on a robe. "Getting ready for bed?" "No about to take a shower." "How about I give you a bath before I go home." "I don't know about that."

"Let me go check out on Jonah before I leave." "what happens to Jonah." "I'll tell you later." I knocked on Jonah's door but no response. I knocked again then slowly opened the door. "Jo-" I saw him fast asleep on his bed. My phone rung bringing me out of my thoughts. I declined the call because I didn't then went and kneeled down next to Jonah and watched him sleep. "What's racing through your mind" Simone whispered. I walked out of his room then closed his door. I took Simone's hand in mine and we walked in her room.

I motion for Simone to sit on the bed while I went into her bathroom and ran her some bath water. When the tub filled up I went and got her. Slowly removing her robe letting it pool around her feet. Picking her up sitting her in the tub. Her body instantly relaxes. Rolled up my sleeves then got a washcloth put some body wash on it then washed her body. It still amazes me how after all this time she is still shy around me.

"We took down William." She faced me. "He hit Jonah." She was about to get out of the tub." "Calm down. It's handled. He in jail and I beat his ass." She relaxed more. Kissing her cheek. "I handled it. I'm going to protect you and Jonah from now on." "What if I meet someone." "I'm still going to protect you." taking out my phone I turned on my Pandora as I'll Never Break Your Heart came on I bathe Simone.

Putting Simone's hand in mine as the song played I placed kisses up her arm. Helping her out the tub I dried her off. She got dressed then got in bed. "I'll see you tomorrow." "You're not staying" "I need to build a relationship with Jonah before I do anything else." I kissed her passionately. "Good night beautiful, sweet dreams."

After locking up the house as soon as I stepped outside my phone rung again. I answered, "Hello" "Mr. Gavin Langford" Her voice said my name. "Yes" "I have news that is going to change your life."

Comment:

Vote:

Share: