Chapter 53

Gavin

Receiving the frantic call from my mom I quickly rushed to the location she said she was at. Upon arriving I see police, ambulances, and firefighters all over the place. Getting out the car I see my mom completely distraught as he eyes found me. “Gavin,” she says as tears slide from her eyes. Rushing to get to her we engulfed each other in a tight hug as my mom spoke. “Act tore up when they tell you about Maddison” “Wait for wh-“ “you heard what I said.” I pulled away as she cried harder and I looked at her puzzled.

“Excuse me, Mrs. Langford, we were able to locate your daughter in law, Maddison Langford. Her pulse is weak.” Watching my mom breakdown and crying hard filled me with more questions than answers. “Mrs. Langford, I know this is a traumatic time for you, but you can you please tell me what happens.” My momma wipes the falling tears and nodded “I will try.” She said I held her close as she begins.

“Maddison and I had this trip planned out for a few weeks now. I text her the exact location this morning because last night she said she lost it. We were laughing and talking as we made our way up to the top. When we finally reached the top she got up first then I did, as she was walking backward talking to me and she took a step and some rock crumbled underneath her I quickly went to grab her to hand to catch her.” She turned to me and cried harder than before. The office eyes me suspiciously then I begin to shed tears. “We are writing this up as an accident and you both are welcome to go the hospital to wait for word on her condition.” “Thank you” My mom and I both spoke.

 On the way to the hospital I looked at my mom who was unbothered by anything. “Momma what was all of that about.” “Oh nothing” she waved it off. “Momma” “I told her nobody messes with my family.” “So you pushed her off a cliff.” “According to the police son, they concluded it was an accident” I just shook my head.

“How was spending time with Simone?” “It was good. We talk and I apologized to her I told her why I did what  did.” “what about Jonah” “What about his mom.” “When is he going to come around.” “On his own time.  Am not going to push him” “So are you and Simone back together and hiding the relationship.” Glancing over at my mom I blew out a deep breath. “Mom can we drop this.” “So yall are back together” “No mom, we are not.” “It that what you want for yall not to be together.” “Well, we are here.” “You better act concerned and hysterical.” “Who are you.” “You mom” “well at this moment you acting like Scarface’s mom” “That’s sweet. Also, follow my lead when we get inside.”

Entering into the hospital we walked up to the desk asking about Maddison’s condition. “The doctor is in wi-“ OMG Your HIMMMMMMMM” She yells out. “YOUR GAVIN LANGFORD,” she says jumping up and down. “EXCUSE ME” my mom yelled. “My daughter in law his wife is suffering and you are having a fan orgasm. Point us to where she is.” The young lady went back around the desk and pointed us the.

Walking down the corridor “Was that necessary.” “Of course. He needs to show them we are hurting from this accident.” “Are you the mafia?” I asked as momma laughed. “I notice you didn’t answer.” “You know damn well I’m not in no mafia stop being dumb.”

Sitting in the waiting room for an hour the doctor finally emerged “Langford family” “That’s us” I say as we stood up. “Your wife suffered several broken bones including here back which is broken in two places.” “Which means what.” My mom said. “Maddison is now mostly paralyzed.” My mom sat back down and cried. “Ca-can we see her.” “Yes, but we are going to have to do some additional surgeries on her.” We nodded. “What’s her room number” “648” the doctor replied as we walked.

Going in her room we see Maddison bandaged up with tubes all over her. “Well, at least we don’t have to pay for her medical bills.” My mom said nonchalant and in a whisper tone. “What are you talking about.” “All are divorced. I just told her I would help yall get back together never said it would happen.” She said shrugging her shoulders. “Mom” She just looked at me and smiled.  

                            Jonah

“Momma” I yell going into the kitchen. “Yes baby,” she says grabbing her head. “What’s wrong.” “Just have a bad headache it worse than a migraine” “Go lay down I’ll cook us something to eat.” “I ca-“ “Momma just go rest okay.” She placed a kiss on my cheek. “Thank you, baby,” she said then descended up to her room.  Grabbing my phone I called Steve. “Hey man, I’m not going tonight.” “Why what’s up” “My momma not feeling good.” “What’s wrong with momma P. She not leaving again is she.” “Steve she is just not feeling good.” “I thought I was loosing good food again” I laughed “No she just need to rest some.” “I’ll come over and cheek on her later” “That’s fine,” I say then we ended the call.  

While my mom slept I cleaned up the house a little bit then begin studying when I got a text on my phone from Nicole. Deleting the message and blocked her number. Going through my contacts I saw Allen’s name and number and I decided to call him. After four rings in answered. “WHAT” he sounded out of breath. “Hey, it's me Jonah” Their was a long pause. Before he continued. “He is you aright?” “Yeah I just wanted to know can we meet up and talk.” “We can Sunday” “That the day I spend with my mom.” “I’ll come to the game on Friday, then we can talk. Is that okay with you?” “It is. Thanks.” “What do you want to know.” “About my mom” “I’ll answer all the questions you ask if I can.” “That’s all I ask.” “We will talk then.” He said as the phone disconnected.

After studying some more my mom came down the stairs. “How are you feeling momma?” “My head is still pounding I just come to get eat then I’m going to eat and go back and lay down.” “Momma you have been getting headache frequently you sure everything okay.” “Yeah, I think it from this injury and the weather change. I will be fine. I’ll talk to the doctors when I go back.” “Okay momma.” “Jonah where is dinner?” “I got you mom.” I went to go get a box of lucky charm cereal. Getting two bowls and some milk. “Dinner,” I say I as fixed our bowls of cereal she just smiled brightly.

“Best dinner I ever had.” She says with a smile then we continued eating.

Comment:

Vote:

Share: