Chapter 47

Maddison  

                 {three days later}

“Momma Dot thank you for lunch. Have you heard from my husband.” “Yes, I have he is good. He told me he was ready to come home to you and talk through things.” I smile. “I really do love him, Momma Dot.” “I know darling and when all of this blows over everything will be fine I promise.” “Where is papa Thomas at? I was hoping to talk with both of yall.” “He is having a father-daughter lunch with Gwen. Which reminds me I want to have dinner with my two girls. How is this weekend.” “Are you sure Gwen wants me there.” “Nonsense” she waved off. “Your family Maddison.” “Thank you, momma Dot. I don’t know what I would do without you.” “Sweetie you never have to worry. Family sticks together.”  She says with a warm smile.   

“Hopefully me and Gavin can give you some more grandkids soon and hopefully Jonah will come around more.” “I do want more grandkids and something tells me I will have them soon.” She said happily. “I hope to be a great mom like you momma Dot” “Thank you,” she said placing her hand on her heart. “When you’re a mom you will understand why I do everything I do. That’s why I want us to put all of this behind us.” “Momma Dot” “Yes love” “I swear I am sorry for everything. I was young and dumb made some stupid decisions.” “everybody does darling it’s a part of life. It’s all in what a person does after a mistake.” I take her hand in mine.” “I love you, Momma Dot.”  

                       Simone

The past three days have been the worse since being here. “What do you want to eat.” Ignoring Gavin by turning towards the television that isn’t on. “Fuck it then” I heard him say. ‘I could I be so stupid’ I mumble to myself. Hearing my stomach grumble I decided to get up and go fix me something to eat. After washing my hands I walk into the kitchen finding Gavin fixing him something to eat.

Still giving Gavin the cold shoulder I go over to the refrigerator to find some food. Taken out the ingredients to fix me some sandwiches and cook me some fries. Feeling his eyes burning holes into me I try to shake the feeling but I cant. Turing around I come face to face with Gavin. “Move,” I say harshly while rolling my eyes he just stands their looking right at me. “Asshole” I say as I move around him. “To hell with this shit.” He says then walks off. Moments later I hear the front door slam making me flinch at the impact.

 When Gavin came back in he kept his distance from as I did him. Hours later I decided to get up and take a long warm bath. I see Gavin about to go into the bathroom as also. He stops looks at me then turns back around going to the other room. Looking at myself in the mirror memories flood my mind trying to shake them out of my mind but fail miserably. Looking at my reflection in the water of the tub tears begin to stain my face. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard loud banging on the door followed by Gavin’s voice.

“Simone I don’t fucking take all night to take a shower.” I wipe my face then yell back. “Go to hell” “Just hurry up.” “I’ll think about it.” “it’s been a fucking hour get out.” “It’s another damn bathroom Gavin” “All my stuff is in this one.” “Oh well” “Do not make me fucking come in their” “Door lock.” I heard him jiggle the doorknob. “That’s what your ass gets.” I heard nothing then let that water and ran some more warm water.

Noticing part of my pajamas got wet I walk to the room with a towel wrapped around my body. I put on a brown shirt that was cut up in some places. I walk into the kitchen to see Gavin making something. I guess he felt my stare he looked at me then turned back. “Bastard,” I say in a whisper tone. Gavin drops the utensils in his hands and washes them before turning towards me.