Chapter 76

Gavin

“Don’t do that, Don’t say me when you were just kissing another woman. For all, I know you probably fucked her before you got here” Simone with a tone mixed with anger, hurt, and sadness. I couldn’t help but chuckle at her. “You really think that Simone.” She rolled her eyes and walked away from me. I sat on the couch then sipped her wine watching her closely. “Stop looking at me like that” “Damn I can't do shit.” “I’m going to bed.” I busted out laughing.

Standing up I walk over to her. “If I would have fucked her I would still be fucking her and not here with you.” “Ever heard of a quickie” I laughed. “Me quick. Tell me when have I ever been quick.” “Go to hell and fuck the whore on the way.” “Why you mad when I’m here with you and told you I wanted you.” “Why were you with her.” I snake my arms around her waist and kissed her lips. “Baby stop being jealous. She is nothing to me. If she was something I would have stayed at the restaurant with her. I saw you when you left and I left about ten minutes after you did and came straight here just to be with you.”

“I hated seeing you kiss her.” She dropped her head. I took my finger to bring her head “Why.” She tried to jerk away from me I pulled her back to me. “Tell me why Simone.” Tears slipped from her eyes. I kissed her tears. “I’m not going anywhere, sweetheart. You are safe with me, I promise baby just tell me. I promise I’m not going to hurt you, not again.” I said then kissed more of her fallen tears. “I’m scared.” “Of what,” I say continuing to kiss her tears. “Of me, of us. Of you.” She stopped and rested her head on my chest. I placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

She opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by a knock on the door. “Who the hell is at your house this time of night.”  “It’s probably Bobby.” “Why the hell is he here.” “I assume to check on me.” She says trying to escape out of my arms. “Where do you think you're going.” I asked as another knock on the door captured our attention. “I’m going to see if it’s him.” “That’s who you want to be with? Just say so and I’ll leave.” “I just want to tell him I’m fine Gavin damn.” “You don’t owe him shit Simone.” She opens her mouth to say something but I cut her off. “Don’t bring that bitch back up either. I made a choice. It’s your turn.”

“Your fucking leaving Gavin, you're going to your the element of football and women and your going fucking do me as you did before. Only this time we lost our baby. I won't watch you fuck this one and that one. T hurt me so bad the last time. I would see you kissing other girls walking up or down the corridor with them, with them laughing, asking them to come to see you play. I was the 50th back-up if not further back” Each word she spewed out made me angry and disappointed all at the same time. “I would come home and cry I just wanted you to look at me like that and when you did I convinced myself that you really wanted me that it wasn’t all in my head. She said fully out crying and another knock rank through the house.

“The night I told you I loved you I meant it Gavin. When I gave my all to you it was for just you but you came with conditions, other girls, a heartbreak pain I can't bare nor want to feel again. I’m not a fucking masochist I can't keep doing this to me or Jonah. I- I-“ Seeing her raw and vulnerable made make a decision.”

I went and sat beside her and held her why she cried. “Simone, you been carrying this around for a long time. Baby, I am so sorry for causing you an ounce of pain. I’m disappointed in myself. For making you cry, causing you to anguish mostly for having you doubt yourself that you are not good enough. You are too good for me and I always knew it. When I told you, you were different than other girls I wasn’t lying. You were all I wanted but I couldn’t be with you. I could hurt you in other ways. I’m ashamed of myself.

I can't go back and fix the past all we can do is cut the past lose and we pick up from here. Sweetheart, I was a boy back then, and I didn’t know anything, I’m not that same person I’m a man now, and I only want to walk with you, make you laugh, watch you look at all the stars in the sky with adoration while I look at them with adoration and love. I don’t know I- I’m not good at this Simone all I know is I want to be with you. If that means giving up football I will for you and Jonah."

“Gavin what are you saying” 

                          Jonah

After hearing my mom and Gavin talk I knew they need to be alone. I took out my phone sending a text message I waited outside for my ride to come. About 15 minutes later I saw the car headlights come in my direction I grabbed all my belongs and hopped in the car. “Thank you for coming.” “No problem” “Did I get you out of bed.” “I was about to go.” I started to feel bad. “I could have called Steve.”

“Jonah it’s fine, but is everything alright.” “Yes, it is. Momma and Gavin are talking and I felt they should be alone.” I was hesitant to ask but I know I had to. “Is it okay if I stay the night with you. I’ll text momma and let her know” “Jonah, I’m your aunt I don’t mind.” “What were Gavin and Simone talking about that you couldn’t stay.” “I could have but felt they need that time alone.”

“You know it sounds like you want your parents back together.” “I just want my mom happy. Gavin, I’m not there yet.” “Gavin had a horrible mistake when he was younger. When that girl said she was pregnant then the lies emerged it didn’t just effect Gavin it did with all of us. I think the reason Gavin told Simone that was because he felt something was going to happen to the baby or worse. He got scared and he let his past take over. Was he wrong hell yeah, but everybody makes mistakes. He is trying to fix those mistakes, Jonah. Have you ever did something wrong and you wanted forgiveness for it.” I nodded my head “You can either move on or you can be stuck in a place where nobody is at because we are all moving forward, not dwelling in painful mistakes” I took her words to heart.

“I have a plan to get them together. Possibly” “Jonah we want you happy too not just Simone and Gavin. You matter too. What do you want.”

“Move forward.”

Comment:

Vote:

Share: