Chapter 85

Simone

After the dancing with Gavin we went and sat at the table where I finally got a look around the room and it was extravagant, beautiful and elegant. I looked down at my ring then at Gavin. “You want a different ring.” “What made you chose this ring.” “I had looked at plenty of other rings before I decided,” Gavin said as he held my hand.

“But this one, I always came back too. I envisioned how it would look on your finger how its beauty fails in compassion to you. I honestly can't give you a profound answer. All I know is this was like the 60th ring I looked at and I got chills, looked at others but this one said you.” “I love it.” “You want a bigg-“ “Stop Gavin. I just need you and Jonah.”

“Gavin, why did you have this event during the week. Jonah and Steve have a school and a game tomorrow. And I have work.” He smiled. “Remember when I told you I have plans.” “Yes, I remember.”

Gavin reached in his inside jacket pocket and pulled out some papers handing them over to me. Reading halfway through I stopped. “Are you serious?” “I’m very serious sweetheart.” “You're getting me my own interior decor business.” “Baby why would I have you working for someone when you can do all of this yourself. You even already have some clients.”

“That’s the thing. They are doing this because of you.” “No, it’s because of you. I said your name, this man said he was wanting to contract you out but you were on leave. It was” He dropped his head then lifted back up. “It was when we loss the baby. I told him to give you about two months and you would be ready he said okay. I did nothing beautiful, your hard work is paying off.” “Gavin” “You are worth it all then some more.” He kissed me passionately ‘til we were interrupted.

“Get a room.” I looked up and saw Gwen smiling. She came and hugged me. “I’m finally going to have a sister.” “Me too. All I had was a big headed brother.” I said as we laughed. “I heard that,” Odell said as he hugged me. “I’m happy for you sis. But now you need to put Patrick out of his misery and tell him I will be the one walking you down the aisle.” I looked at Odell “Neither of yall are walking me down the aisle. My first love is.” I looked over at Jonah. “I was going to ask him to be  my best man.” I looked at Gavin rolling my eyes. “hear comes attitude” he said barely audible but I heard him. I kissed his cheek then went over to Jonah.

“Hey, baby can we talk.” “Yes ma’am” To have privacy Jonah and I went outside. Taking a seat on a bench Jonah rested his head on my shoulder. “It’s no longer just us.” Placing a kiss on his forehead. “No it’s not just us anymore.” “Are you happy mom. I don’t mean for me, but are you genuinely happy.”

“My greatest happiness was when I had you.” “You know what I mean momma.” “I am happy. Jonah if you are not You happy or don’t want me to go through with getting married then I won’t.” “You would do that for me.” “I’ll do anything for you. You come before anybody Jonah even myself. I love you.” “I love you too momma.” I kissed the top of his head. “You're going to make a beautiful bride momma.” Jonah sat up and hugged me tightly.   

“Baby, I need you to do something for me.” “Anything” I looked at Jonah in his eyes. “I want you to walk me down the aisle.” “Me” “I won’t allow another person to give me away and will not walk down by myself.” “I would be honored mommy” I laughed. “Did you ju-“ “I did mommy,” Jonah said laughing. I looked up and saw Gavin coming toward us. “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to interrupt. I wanted to talk with Jonah, but I will wait until yall are finished.”  Gavin turns walking back inside. “Wait.” “Momma, do you mind.” I hugged Jonah. “I’m so proud of you,” I said then kissed him on the check. I kissed Gavin then went back inside.

                          Jonah

“I apologize for interrupting you and mom. Jonah if you are not okay or having second thoughts about us getting me just tell me.” I laughed. “What is it with you and mom. Jeez.” “We just want to make sure you are open and receptive to us being married. As we said we not doing it in the next two months, but when the time is right and after I have formed a relationship with you.” “I would like to begin that now. Not just for me or you, but for all of us.” “I would like that as well.” He hugged me and I hesitated but hugged him back.

“By the way thank you for giving me your blessing to marry your mom.” “Your welcome.” “Also me going back to play in the NFL is a decision that I want to make with you and your mom. When you are ready I want us to look for a house together.” “How about next.” He nodded. “Jonah I know Sunday’s are yours and Simone’s day, I plan to leave it that way. I will not disrupt that day yall have.” “That means a lot to me.” “I do not want to interfere with the mother-son bond yall share, but I would like to build one with both of yall, as well as us build one as a family.”

“Where do you want to play football at.” “Close to where you are playing football. I plan to come to as many games as I can. Not as Gavin Langford NFL star, but as your dad. No signing autographs, no pictures, just me coming to see you play.” “I have it down to five. I can play anywhere, but I want to make the right choice.” “It is one of the biggest decisions you will make in life.” “Can you help me with it?”

“I can.” He said smiling. “It’s going to take time for all of us but if we put in the work and effort, me especially, then we will be okay. At least I hope.” “You're not in it alone.” “I am the one that caused the most turmoil and heartache. I have more to make up for. I meant it when I told you I want you to be better than me.” “Looks like we both are changing.” “Changing and growth are good, painful and scary at the time but necessary.”

“Are you scared” His eyes bored into mine. “I’m scared of not being with you and your mom again.” “I’m scared of knowing you and more fearful you will abandon us again.” His gaze becomes more intense but held sincerity. “My words mean nothing to you and I know and understand why. I will show you with my actions. Jonah, I know you don’t trust me, but believe me when I say I love you and I will never leave you or Simone ever again. And if we have more kids I still want to continue and build our relationship. I don’t know how to be a father but I’m going to do all  can to be the best dad I can be to you and maybe other siblings.”

“That means a lot to me. Hearing it from you makes it all better.” “I love you, Jonah.”  “I’m starting to realize that now,” I said then hugged him

Comment:

Vote:

Share: