Chapter 60

Gavin

Sitting n the empty room after the nurses came to get Simone for her test. Her heartbreaking screams played over and in my mind, the hurt in her eyes haunted me. ‘why couldn’t our other child live’ I say to myself as the door closed cutting me out of my thoughts. “Hey” I heard him say as he walked in with a mix of white and pink roses. “Don’t take on this guilt roll either Jonah is enough. She had a bad accident that ended up more tragic than any of us could have imagined.” I looked at Allen “What do you mean Jonah is taking on this guilt?”

“As I told you I wanted to tell him what I did and I made it clear you knew nothing.” “Why did you demand to be the one who told him. Me or his mother should have been the one to tell him, not you Allen.” “Jonah does not know who he can and cannot trust and when it comes to you Gavin, you know how he is. Would Jonah have believed anything you had to say.” I stayed silent. “Your silence means I’m right. Now imagine Simone trying to tell him all the fucked up shit Maddie and I have done. Would she be able to tell him I mean look him in the eyes and say I was drugged and raped or sex tapes were out of me and Gavin especially when she is still dealing with this aftermath herself? This was my fuck up and I needed to be the one to tell him.”

“Gavin I know he is your son, but look at my actions cost all of yall. Not to mention Simone pedophile of a father.” “Did he do something to her.” “I’m going to tell you Jonah knows, however Simone doesn’t.” I looked at him confused. “The week before the party that Maddie purposed the bet to me she asked me and another guy to get something for her. She said it was for the party. She had done this so many times before so I didn’t think twice about it. Gavin, she drugged Simone and raped her in her house the sick part her dad watched and got off on it.”

Disgust swam through my veins as my blood begins to boil. “He told Jonah and I.” “Why would he do this his own daughter.” “He said he didn’t think Simone was his.” “He still raised her she looked at him as a father and he looked at her like. I’m repulsed. Sick bastard. Do her brothers know?” “They didn’t but they do now.” “His ass is going to jail,” I say getting out my phone. “Stop.” “what the hell do you mean stop.” “We have other plans for him.” “What is it. I want in on it.” He smiled wickedly. “Here’s the plan.”  

                        Maddison

Laying here in this bed plotting against all of them. ‘How could I have been conned by that old bitch.’ I say to myself as the door open. “Good Morning Maddison, well it is for me and my family not sure about you.” Her voice is not like nails slowly scrapping across a blackboard. “What have you been doing?” she giggled as finally stood in front of me. Trying to open my mouth to talk but words barely come out. “Are you trying to say something constructive or lie some more.” I let my eyes talk for me.

“Little girl you don’t scare me. I’m way better at this than you.” trying to move to reach her, but pain jolts all my body. “Are you in hurting, are you in pain? Awww poor Maddison in pain. This doesn’t even compare to the pain you have inflicted and trust me when I say this is far from over.” She said then continued. “I always hated that my son brought you home and wanted to marry you. I think he only did it because you were a link to Simone.” She said, as I fought through the pain I reached for her as she backhanded me across the face.

“You knew Gavin never really loved you didn’t you?” Tears burned my eyes and they rolled down my face. “Why didn’t you like her. What is it that she did to you that you had to dismantle her life and cause this much damage?” She put her hands over her mouth. “That’s right you can't talk can you?”  She sniggered again. “The slap is evident on your face. Let me fix this.” She said as she put makeup on me to cover up the mark.

Hearing the door open again I heard my doctor. “Good morning ladies. How are you both.” “We are just lovely, however, my daughter in law is in an excruciating amount of pain can you please give her something and I need a list of all the staff members someone struck my precious Maddison across the face. Look at the handprint.”

“I assure you Mrs. Langford whoever is responsible for this will be dealt with immediately.” “Thank you, doctor.” “I have you set up for more test today Maddison. Some of the swelling has decreased and we need to do more readings. It will take most of the day. Mrs. Langford, you are more than welcome to stay.” “Thank you, doctor, but I will return later on today and when I do return could you inform me of her prognostics” “I will.” She kissed my cheek. “I’ll be back in a while darling.” She said then left out the room. ‘I am going to kill her’ I say to myself slowly and vaguely audible.  

                           Gavin 

After taking Simone and Jonah home I went to go get them something to eat. Pulling into the driveway I see everybody is here. Knocking on the door Steve answers moving aside so I can come in. Simone is sitting on the couch talking to her brothers and Gwen while my parents are in the kitchen and Jonah and Steve are looking for movies to watch. Walking in the kitchen to put the food down. “What’s everybody doing here?”  

“We are a family son. You, Simone and Jonah, aren’t the only ones who are heartbroken.” My dad said as my mom hugged me and whispered we lost another grandbaby but still have one amazing grandchild here.” My mom said looking at Jonah who locked eyes with her and smiled.

Comment:

Vote:

Share: