Chapter 61

Simone

                         {Next day}

Coming downstairs to the smell of food hit my nostrils and I see Gavin in the kitchen cooking. “Morning beautiful,” he said without turning around. “How did you know I was in here?” “You ready to eat. I made waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, and have some fresh fruit” “No grilled cheese” I said laughing as he turned to face me. “Don’t act like you didn’t like my grilled cheese sandwiches.” He went back to doing what he was doing. “Did Jonah eat before he left for school?” “I am assuming so there were two bowls which looks like cereal was in when I got here this morning. He eats two bowls of cereal?” “Gavin listen to what you said, he ate cereal out of two bowls” I rolled my eyes. “Wel-. Never mind.” “exactly. Steve was more than likely here.”

Gavin sat my plate in front of me then went and got his plate then sat beside me. “What are you thinking about” “I’m not really hungry.” “Simone you have to eat. You need to keep your strength up.” “Shouldn’t you be at work.” “I’ll go in a little while.” “I don’t need a baby sitter Gavin.” “What makes you think I just don’t want to spend time with you.” I looked at Gavin and smiled. “Thank you.” “Why are you thanking me” “You have been by side through it all. I guess.” “You thought I would leave.” I remained silent as he turned and ate then I followed and ate my food.  

Gavin cleaned the kitchen while I laid on the couch watching a movie. Feeling my legs being lifted up Gavin sits down and rest my legs on his lap as his hands strokes my legs in a gentle motion. “What’s the name of this movie?” “Something Borrowed.” He nodded.

“Simone, I fucked up before. I’m not going to do it again. If we didn’t lose our baby I would be here, but since it was God’s will for whatever reason he took our child, nevertheless that doesn’t mean I’m leaving you or Jonah. Sweetheart, I don’t know where we go from here; all I know is that I want you and Jonah in my life and before we can think about a we. We need to think about Jonah and his feelings he still has a lot of animosity toward me and family.”

“Gavin he seems to be coming around.” “Simone we can't take that chance, I won’t take that chance. We also need to get to know each other not just sexual but in every way. I want to know what scares you so I can protect you, I want to know what makes you happy so I can make your smile bigger and make you way happier, I want to know you so intimately it scares you. I want other men to look at you and be jealous because I have you. I want to invade your soul, capture your heart find you where you are the most ruined and that’s where I will start loving you.”

Gavin wiped the tears from my face with ease. “Gavin” “We need to make sure Jonah will be okay with this. I need to build with him. I need to be the man he can look at with respect not with anger and not with the thinking of I want him dead.” “I agree with you,” I say looking at Gavin in his eyes. “I want to know you Gavin, not football star either. I want the Gavin no one knows. I want to know what breaks your heart so I will be the one to heal. I want other women to try to get with you and you look at them and smile and say you are not her. I wa-“ I was silenced by a soft passionate kiss that deepened.

Pulling away Gavin looked in my eyes. “None of them will ever be you. Yo-“ we were interrupted by a knock on the door. “I’ll get it,” Gavin said as he got up going to the door. Moments later I heard a familiar voice say my name I sat up on the couch as they came into the room to my surprise I see Allen with a bouquet of sunflowers. “Good Morning.” He said then continued. “Am I interrupting?” “I told you that you were,” Gavin said in an annoyed tone. “Gavin, shouldn’t you be headed to work?” I asked. “Don’t worry Gavin I won’t run away with Simone.” Allen said with a smirk then said “unless she wants to.” He finished then winked at me. “Don’t make me beat your ass again.” “I let you, Gavin. Now take your ass to work. I’ll make sure Simone rest and is taken care of and I know Gwen will be here in a little bit.”

“Fine. I’ll be back soon as I can.” Gavin said then kissed me on the forehead “Gavin” I said “Only time will tell we will finish talking later” He said with a smile then left. A gulf of sadness washed over me when I felt Gavin’s lips on mine. “I couldn’t leave without a kiss from you. I will call to check in on you in few.” I smiled and watched as he walked out the door.

“Yall back together yet?” “Gavin and I were never together and no we are not.” “Yeah,” he said then handed me the flowers. “These are for you” “Thank you. What can I do for you.” “I just wanted to apologize if you feel I overstepped when I told Jonah what happened.” “What exa-“ Allen interrupted me. “He knows everything and a few things he didn’t ask to know. I knew his parents couldn’t tell him. Wait yall could have but it was better coming from the one who did it.” “You wasn’t and didn’t act alone.” “Touché, however, I could have stopped it.”

“Simone, do you remember when I walked up to you in school” “vaguely, why do you ask.” “That was the moment I was going to ask you out. Maddison had told me you were pregnant. When I saw you, the fucked up cocktail of pain and love I knew couldn’t do it. That look is still visible on you well not so much the pain but the love. You in love with Gavin.”

“I wasn’t in love with Gavin and I’m not now” “You say tomato I say tamoto” He said with a smile. “You didn’t hear this from me but back then Gavin started to fall in love with you also. I just wanted to check on and tell you I wasn’t trying to overstep.” “Thank you for everything,” He kissed my cheek and took my hands in his hands “Gavin’s a lucky man.” “We are not together and truthfully I doubt we will be,” I say with sadness. “Because of Jonah” I couldn’t speak I just nodded my head. “But what about your happiness.” “It comes from Jonah.” “Not all of your happiness stems from Jonah beautiful.” He said looking at me in my eyes then left me in my thoughts.

Hearing another knock on the door I rushed to open it while yelling out “Who is it” yet there was no response Opening the I became paralyzed as I looked at him the devil himself.

“William, wh - what are you doing here?” I said in a shaky tone as a sinister smirk crept upon his face and fear ran through my blood.  

Comment:

Vote:

Share: