Chapter 71

Simone

              {Three days later}

After an abundant amount of phone calls from this hospital, I finally came here. Walking into the room seeing Maddison I didn’t feel any sympathy for her. Walking closer to the bed she turned her head facing me. “What do you want? I have things to do.” “I- I- I – I’m sor- sorry.” She finally got out. “I got a feeling your lying. Actually, it’s not even a feeling you are lying.” “I” She swallowed looked me fake crying. “I really am.” She caught her breath then continued. “I love y-“ “Stop nothing about this says, love. Did you kil-“ She held up her hand and the look in her told me all I needed as tears welled up in my eyes. "Fo- for you. I did it for you.”

“You killed my best friend for me. Do you hear yourself.” “Sh- She wasn’t good enough. I didn’t want to share you. She fou- found out what I was planning with another guy.” Maddison took a breath then finished. “said she was going to tell you. I had to stop her. I waited a while and knew you liked Gavin. I didn’t want you to get pregnant but you did. Do you remember Paul, well I wanted him to take your virginity? I wanted you to live.” She said gasping for air.

“Why Gavin” “I knew you would sleep with him easy. I was ready for you to have sex give others a taste.” “What    did     you     say” I aid slowly and lowly. “did y-“ “Yeah and your dad knew. He watched.” Running to the bathroom all the contents I ate came up. Rinsing my mouth out I walked over to Maddison. “I never wished someone would die much as I wished it for you.” I left out of the room. Getting in my car I cried.

Pulling into my driveway I see Steve and Jonah on there way out. “Momma I was texting you. Can I go with Steve and the team.” Where are yall going.” “To the movies, dinner, and arcade.” “It’s fine don’t be out too late.” “Yes ma’am,” Jonah says kissing my cheek as Steve kissed the other cheek. “momma P you want to come and we come back here to eat. I can save money and eat your cooking. I’ll pay for laser tag.” I laughed “Have fun yall.” I watched them drive away then went inside. Taking a much-needed shower going back downstairs knocks on the door stops me in my tracks. Looking out the peephole I see who my visitor is.  

Opening the door I smile. “What are you doing here?” He smiled “Hey to you beautiful” I moved aside letting Gavin come in. “I brought dinner. Where is Jonah.” “He and Steve left a little while ago,” “Dinner for two. Want to watch a movie and eat.” “Sure” I took the food from Gavin. “Go pick out a movie.” I said as I walked into the kitchen. While getting plates down I felt arms snake around my waist. Sitting the plates down hear Gavin whisper in my ear. “I forgot to kiss you, sweetheart.” Turning around in his arms I looked in his ocean eyes as he kissed me.

Finishing fixing our plates I go into the living room. “I got to go get our drinks.” “Don’t worry about it baby, I’ll get them.” While we were eating I remembered something. “Gavin the other day what between you and Jonah.” He smiled brightly. “We making progress. We are trying.” “But” “It still hurts that I told you to kill our son.” “Gavin how do you expect Jonah to get past that if you can't” “I’m trying but it hurts.” “You need to work on getting” Gavin stopped me by holding up his hand. “Let's just watch this movie.” “What the movie did you get to watch.” “A walk to remember”

“I remember you like that movie.” When the movie started Gavin laid in my lap as my fingers went through his hair he took my other hand in his. Feeling a kiss upon the back of my hand I smiled. “Simone” “Hm.” “Where is Jonah going to college at.” “That I am not sure. He has a lot of options. Why” “I want to try and be closer.” “You're not playing in the NFL anymore and you could get a job coaching any high school.” “You sound like you wouldn’t  want to be a football players wife.” “I’m not married and don’t plan on it and I certainly don’t plan on marrying a football player because they are all just that players.” Something washed over Gavin as he tensed up then relaxed. Placing a few kisses on my leg than on my hand as we watched the movie.  

When the movie was over Gavin tighten his grip on my hand. “Simone I want to see you naked.” Before I could speak the front door opened. “Momma I’m home.” “In here,” I said as Gavin sat up. “Hey, mo-. Am I interrupting?” “No I brought dinner for you and your mom but you had gone.” Jonah nodded. “Can we have dinner at my house next week just the three of us.” “It's fine with me.” I looked at Jonah surprised at his words. “What movie are yall about to watch next?” “We haven’t decided. How about you watch one with us.” I said sounding hopeful. “I would like that. How about Venom.” Jonah suggested.

                        Jonah

Midway through the movie, I saw my mom getting sleep as she rested her head on Gavin. He put them in a relaxed comfortable position. The way he held my mom so fragile and protective made me see him in another light. When the movie finished they were both asleep. I got a blanket and put over both of them. I kissed my room then went to my room and took a shower.

Walking back into my room I go to the closet and take out the coat Gavin used putting my head on then got on my bed relaxing holding the jacket as the darkness took over.

Comment:

Vote:

Share: