Chapter 38

Maddison

              {two days later, Friday}

Sitting here in the lawyer's office waiting for Gavin and his lawyer to arrive. “Listen to me make this hard and draw it out as long as possible. I didn’t marry Gavin for all of this to go down this way.” “All he wants is a divorce.” “Which I will not give him” “I’ll do what I can but I must warn you, Mrs. Langford, your husband is very adamant about divorcing you.” Before I could speak the door open Gavin and his team of lawyers entered.

“Excuse me but before this meeting gets started may I talk with Gavin for a moment.” I looked at them with pleading eyes. “Mr. Langford, it’s up to you.” “I just want a divorce. She will not waste anymore of my time.” “Gavin please.” “Can yall give us three minutes no more,” Gavin said and they left the room.

“What the fuck do you want?” “I’m so sorry Gavin. We can get past this. Let’s just go to counseling.” “Are you done.” “Gavin I am your wife I deserve more respect” “You deserve nothing, and that is what you are going to get.” “What Simone comes back and all of a sudden you want her. You think you're getting a picture-perfect family and life now. What about us.” “It never should have been an us.”

Slowly walking over to Gavin I stand in front of him kissing him on his neck then reaching down groping on his dick. “I miss you Gavin and I know you miss me and you miss this” Moving up to his lips. I kissing him but he was no responsive. Unbuttoning his pants slipping my hand inside his pants slowly stroking his dick. Gavin leaned down to my ear. “I can't wait to divorce your whore ass.” He pulled away from me laughing as the lawyers come in.

“Are yall ready or do yall request more time alone” My lawyer asked. “I’m ready to divorce her,” Gavin said. We sat down “Gavin and I would like to file for separation and try counseling” I say. “Divorce and no counseling” “Gavin we have been married for too long to just throw our marriage away” He just stared at me. “We have papers drawn up to get this divorce done expeditiously. She can have the house along with the car she currently has but nothing more” One of Gavin’s lawyers says.

“If he wants a divorce he will pay me 10 million” I say with a smile. “Oh and the house he moved into.” The look on Gavin’s face is priceless. “Didn’t know I knew you had a new house.” He plastered a cold smile on his face. “I want this divorce. I will not pay you 10 million matter of fact I’m not paying shit. You get the house and car” he said coldly.  “Why do you want this divorce so you can be with Simone?” “Simone has nothing to do with all the hell you have caused.”

“JUST SIGN THE DAMN PAPER MADDISON. I WANT YOU OUT OF MY LIFE.” “Hell no” Gavin stood up. “You have one fucking hour to sign those fucking papers Maddison.” “Or what” He walked out the door.  Just remained seated. “Shall we call out for lunch while Gavin wasting time.” No one spoke. I got my phone and called ordering me some food.  After my food arrived and I was almost done eating I got a call from Gavin.

Answering I said “I’m still not signing” “What if your company found out about everything you did” I froze becoming paralyzed. “Gavin” I said softly. “Sign the fucking papers” “Gav”  he cut me off. “Stop saying my name and sign the fucking papers Maddison.” “FUCK” I yelled out. “Pass the papers.” I immediately signed the divorce papers and gave them to Gavin’s lawyers. “It’s done,” I said. “And so is your career,” He said. “What” “GAVIN”  I yelled. Looking at the phone I see he has hung up. 

Hastening getting to my job. When I walked in the stares and whispers begin to shake me to the core. ‘he wouldn’t go this far’. I say to myself. “Mrs. Langford my office now.” My boss said. Stepping in his office “Mrs. Langford something has been brought to our attention and it is no easy way to say this we are letting you go please get all of your stuff and leave the premises.” “Sir what information did you get?” “That information is confidential. Please vacate with your personal belongings now.” “Yes sir”

‘Gavin will pay for this’   

                            Jonah

                          Next day

“Momma,” I say going into the kitchen where she is. She looked up at me. It still breaks my heart. The hurt and heartbreak are still displayed all over. “What is it sweetie” “Steve asked if I could go out with him and guys tonight, but I want if you need me to stay.” “No baby you go out and have you some fun.” “You sure mom” “Yes I am. I’m just going to eat and lay down and watch some movies. Possibly try to get a little work done.” I kiss her on the cheek. “Thanks, momma,” I say. “What time are yall leaving.” “In a little, I need to text him back and get ready.” “Go ahead and get ready”. “Yes ma’am.” I jog upstairs. Picking up the picture of me, momma, and grandma. A surge of pain hit me as I slid down the wall and silently followed the questions she left me with.

Texting Steve back I asked him if he knew of any parties I just needed not to feel and escape this asylum in my head that I am trapped in. He texts back knowing of a party. Taking a shower trying to clear my mind and find some peace but no luck. The questions begin to drown in my head weighing on me more heavily.

Laying in bed with my eyes closed when I heard a knock on my bedroom door. “come in” I saw my mom peep in the door. “Steve here.” I sat up and put my shoes on. I felt a dip in the bed. “Baby you alright” “Yes, ma’am. I’m okay just worried about you.”  “I’ll be fine. What time you coming in.” “I won't be out long. I’ll be in about 10:30 is that okay.” “That’s fine. Just be safe.”

Arriving at the party I see a bunch of red cups all over the place. Music gets louder and louder the closer we got to the door. “Man I can't believe you are actually here. I mean you are at a party.” I laugh at Steve’s antics. Walking in I see people dancing close together with other smoking and drinking. “Where are the drink at?” “This way,” Steve says.

After downing 10 or more shots I grab to bottles of liquor and go outside away from the noise away from everyone. As the memories of the movie start to play on my head. More questions and heartache begin to set into me. Tears spill from my eyes. The more they fell the more I drink. Getting up I take off walking but I don’t know where. After several twists and turns walking down endless streets and more twist and turns ‘til I see a vehicle which I recognize. Picking up rocks I smash a window out. Picking up another rock I scratch the car up. Everything inside of me collapses into pieces. Throwing rock after rock to house and yelling out my pain.

WHY DID YOU DO THIS
I FUCKING HATE YOU FOR WHAT YOU DID
WHAT THE FUCK DID I DO TO YOU
 The door open I saw a figure coming towards me but my tears disoriented my vision. All I felt was strong arms around me as I broke down and cried.

“Why didn’t you want me”  

Comment:

Vote:

Share: