Chapter 7

PRIYA'S POV

Hmm. I'm feeling like I'm floating in the clouds. I drew my hands around the cloud-like bed on which I'm sleeping, yeah this is really a comfy bed. Don't worry baby bed I won't abandon you. I thought while cuddling to the bed even further. I never had this much peaceful sleep after the disappearance of my parents.

My peacefulness is disturbed by a bright light which is directly hitting my face. This sun is too much just now I started to sleep it's disturbing me. To escape from the bright light, I turned and lied face down.
When my consciousness is slowly slipping away, again bright light directly hit my face in both directions. I pulled the nearby pillow and placed it above my head.this is better.
"ahhhhhhhhhhhhh"
"ahhhhhhhhhhhhh"

"what the hell" I yelled startled while sitting up when I heard two voices shouting near my ears.

After adjusting my eyes to light, I saw my friend Swetha and another man standing near my bed with two torch lights on their hands and looking at me angrily.

"why the hell you guys ah.. " when I shouted again suddenly my head started to ache. I sat up by holding my head with two hands and glared at Swetha.
"why my head is aching.." I whined while looking at her. She just kept one hand on her hip and told, "serves you right"
"what did I do? "

"what you didn't do! I just left you for 10 minutes. Within that span of time, you caught the attention of the whole club " she yelled in accusing tone. after seeing my confused look she sighed and told
" Okay just recite what happened yesterday "

"fine... Yesterday only I came to New York after escaping from my lunatic uncle." I told while giving her my sad puppy eyes.

She raised her eyebrows daringly.
I almost forgot that my best friend is immune to my acting. I sighed and continued" For relieving my stress, I dragged you to the club. Then...oh yeah I drank 1 or 2 glasses of vodka or something I don't know and " I recalled only some fragment of my memories.

" then we sang and danced." I cannot remember anything after that "yeah then we must've come home and slept peacefully. Full stop. " I told them by pointing the dot symbol with my hand while smiling sheepishly at her.

"correction no.1 You didn't drink 1 or 2 glasses, you drank around 10 glass  not only that after drinking your 4th glass, you started to break the glasses after finishing it"

"oh my god did I do it? " I'm literally shocked to hear my worst behavior.

"yes. You did it. That time you didn't even listen to me" she sighed." Correction no. 2 we didn't sing and dance... It's you ", she pointed her finger at me, "only you who sang and danced and last but not least correction no. 3 you didn't come home yourself we carried you no ", she pointed her fingers at the handsome man and told, "he's the one who carried your drunken self here".

It takes a few minutes for me to process her each correction. Seeing my bewildered expression.
"baby the best things are yet to come ", she said with the evil smirk.
Her words are giving me bad premonition.

"Congratulation pribaby , the day you arrived at New York itself you got into the wanted list, "she told while clapping hands.