chapter 17

Damon. The name sounds little familiar .never mind.
This is the first time he's talking about his personal matter to me.

Then he continued, "recently he's not in his usual controlled cold nature, he became even colder and out of control. I always used to feel proud in my son's ability to face everything with a calm facade, but for the past few days, he's getting irritated even for silly matters. Above all ,my son never neglected the Sunday family get together, but last two weeks he didn't attend. if he is busy or unavailable means I wouldn't have considered this matter seriously, but both time he didn't do any office work, the previous week he just stayed in the bar upto midnight, which is unusual of him, and the last week he stayed in his home alone. alas, he didn't even speak to me or attended any of our calls. He's becoming distant even to his own family members", he said while sitting in his chair and leaning in the desk.

Seriously I don't know what to tell my boss.another important matter is I don't know anything about his precious son. my mind is screaming me that I know this Damon. where I heard him.

"Sir maybe something should've happened to him in the recent days like major disaster or failure. Oh yeah maybe your son is heartbroken sir.did he has any girlfriend sir "
I asked with enthusiasm like solving some puzzle.

"No, till now, he never brought any girl to home", he sighed heavily, "but Always there will be rumours like he's dating someone, but those all are just bullshit, which was done by those fame hungry women, who want to elevate their status with his name " he said the last line with a disgust. It seems like he's really a protective father.

~ring~ ~ring~ the ringing of his phone stopped his sentence.seeing the dialer he quickly attended the call eagerly.
"How are you doing my son?", he asked with some warmness.from his enthusiasm it seems like he must have been waiting for his call for a long time.

"Ok..........That's Good to hear.I'm in the office only.............yeah today I came early all because of you.............I'll tell you everything .come fast.......hmm" he cut the call and placed his phone in the desk while looking at me with some glint.

What happened? why he's looking at me like I'm some kind of good holy spirit?

"Priya you're a good asset not only to my company but also to me. whenever I discuss with you any issues it seems like those issues are disappearing or I feel myself getting some way to solve those issues. Just now I told you that my son is attending my call, not even a minute passed, but he called me, that too on his own accord .thank you. my child " he said while looking at me gently with warmness which is same like he shown when he spoke with his son.

His kind words are really touching my heart. He's reminding too much of my father, he also used to praise me with these same lines. I felt my eyes getting watered automatically.
Control. Control yourself Priya.

"Thank you sir.your words remind me of my father"

"What happened to your father ?..."