7

Mingyu's POV

"I'm bored. Does anyone want to do something with me?" I asked while draping myself over the back of the couch, and Minghao hyung pushed my arms off of him since he was reading.

"What is it that you want to do?" Jeonghan hyung asked from across the room, and I just shrugged.

"You know what we haven't had in like forever? Cookies." Hansol hyung said, and everyone in the room started to agree.

"Yeah because Minseo Noona doesn't come over as often so now no one makes them." Joshua hyung added in, and Chan turned to me.

"You should make cookies, hyung." He smiled brightly, and I got up to go find the recipe in a book we keep somewhere in this house. Chan has been home more often now, and he says it's because Samuel is busy. I don't mind him being back though. But now we have to try and be a bit quieter for him. That part has been a challenge.

"Anyone know where the cookbook is?" I asked from the kitchen.

"Try the cupboard above the refrigerator!" Jun yelled from the living room, and I grabbed a chair to try and reach it.

"Who the heck put it here?" I asked myself while retrieving it, and I climbed down to open the book. Once I had found the recipe, which took a bit to find until I realized there was an index, I was finally able to start making the cookies. It was obvious that one batch wouldn't last very long in this house, but I also didn't feel like putting in that much effort for a double batch on my own.

"Do you need help with anything?" Jun hyung asked when he came into the kitchen, and I glanced at the recipe.

"I think I can do it. Thanks though, hyung." Jun hyung nodded and sat down at the table in his usual spot to watch me.

"Are you doing a double batch? I think Noona always did a double batch." He commented, and I sighed.

"Double batch it is then." I started gathering everything I needed to make the dough, and as I was mixing it I realized something.

"Can you help me with the oven?"

...

"Ooh, cookie!" Jeonghan hyung exclaimed as he reaches for my hard work, but I slapped his hand away.

"No hyung, they're too-"

"Holy cow these are hot Gyu!" Wonwoo yelled from the other side of me, and I sighed.

"Well duh, Jun hyung just pulled them from the oven. They're literally still on the pan since I can't take them off yet. " Wonwoo shook his hand in the air to cool it off as he made his way to the sink to then use water. I thought Jeonghan hyung would then leave the cookies alone, but when I turned around he was switching one in between the tips of his fingers.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm removing it from the pan so it will cool faster. But dang this is hot!" I sighed and tried to push everyone but Jun hyung out of the kitchen and away from the burning hot cookies.

"I will tell you all when they are safe to eat. For now, get out!" I didn't notice Dk hyung sneak back in since I was busy trying to keep everyone else away.

"How are you eating that?" I heard Jeonghan hyung ask, and Dk hyung shrugged with his mouth stuffed with a cookie. I facepalmed at the sight.

"You know, your cookies hurt Mingyu. I'm not sure they're supposed to be like that." He criticized once he finished chewing.

"That's because you're not supposed to eat them! They're too hot!"