48

Joshua's POV

"I don't know about this, Hansol."

"Josh, you're literally the last person to agree to perform this song, other than Dokyeom. It's for Mom."

"No don't pull the "for Mom" card. Don't do that to me." Hansol sighed at how defensive I was getting, and I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"What are you two huffing about?" Sofia bounced up next to Hansol in the hall, and he gave her a small smile.

"Hansol's trying to guilt trip me into the talent show with all of our brothers." Sofia frowned and nudged Hansol in the shoulder.

"Why isn't it working, Sol? You're usually pretty good at convincing me into doing things I don't want to."

"Literally all I have to say to you is that we're Hansel and Gretel. Then you say you'll think about it and you always agree. Shua doesn't work like that. I can't just say 'we're the Americanos' or pull a Jun and say we're a baker's dozen." He sighed, but I was caught up on the fact that he practically just called Sofia easy.

"Well, why won't you do it then? You have nothing to lose." That's all I keep hearing. "You have nothing to lose." Does it always have to be about what I lose?

"Because the song's about Mom." Her lips formed an 'o' and she nodded slowly.

"That makes sense. I think you should do it, though." I sighed and moved my way around a group of students.

"Hey look, it's leprosy kid." I ignored the group of them, since they obviously didn't have their facts straight, but Sofia didn't seem too willing to let it go.

"For your information, leprosy is practically nonexistent nowadays. And he isn't one of those rare cases from an armadillo." I refrained from sighing at her attempt to defend me, and I grabbed her wrist to try and make her keep walking. No luck.

"And how would you know? Aren't you supposed to be Hansol's girlfriend?" Oh my gosh they went there. Sofia tried launching herself at the main male in the group, but I was able to hold her back. I wasn't expecting my twin to then decide to join in on everything.

"What does any of this matter to you?" I could see him standing up as straight as he could to seem more intimidating, but he still looked tiny compared to the group.

"Oh hey, it's gay boy."

Hansol don't. Please.

"Where's your boyfriend?"

Hansol-

"He's not my boyfriend, and I'm not gay." His jaw was clenched along with his fists, and I could only hope that someone in the crowd would get us help. Sofia was struggling in my arms, so it's not like I could let go of her to stop my twin.

"Looks like gay boy is all bark and no bite." One of the kids piped in from the back.

Sorry, Josh.

Hansol stepped forward and pushed one of the kids into a locker. No damage was obviously done since he barely even pushed him, but the kid smirked. Sofia struggled even harder when Hansol was then pushed into a locker. He slid to his feet, but half way down he was punched in the gut.

"Leave him alone!" I couldn't keep Sofia in my grip anymore, and she launched free to stand in front of Hansol.

"Chois. Sofia. You five. Office. Now." I sighed in relief at the teacher's voice, and offered a hand to Hansol to help him get up. Sofia still stood in front of him until the group of guys left the now empty hallway.

"You shouldn't have done that." He grunted and held his stomach.

"I know. But I'm sick of them saying stuff."

"I am too, but I don't go around pushing people." When he smiled at me, it almost seemed painful as the three of us walked to the office.

"You're right. You don't. That's why I'm here." He slung an arm around my shoulders, but I'm pretty sure it was more to support himself than a friendly gesture.

"Appa's not going to be happy."

"Yeah. You're okay, right Sofia?" Hansol questioned, and she nodded.

"Are you?" He groaned, but then turned his attention back to me.

"I would be better if you agreed to perform."

"Hansol, that's not how physical pain works."

"That's how it works now." I sighed. The worst that could happen is I could absolutely suck, and they would have more to mock me about. Not that I even care now.

"Okay, fine."