16

Jeonghan's POV

"Jeonghan, can you come here for a second?" Appa asked from the kitchen, and I hesitantly got up from the couch to join him. He was currently making dinner, so I ended up leaning against the counter.

"What's up?" I asked and he continued to cook without looking back at me.

"You have a choice because you are the oldest. Do you want a room for yourself, or do you want to get moved into the Meanies room?" The question caught me off guard, but with Samuel's parents leaving next week, I guess it makes sense. A room of my own would be peaceful, but I know perfectly well that I wouldn't be able to stand it. But the Meanies?

"I'll room with Mingyu and Wonwoo if they are okay with it." I said, and Appa nodded while switching the pans of the stove.

"Go check with them first, and then I'll give you a list of instructions." I stood up straight and made my way to their room, and the two of them were bickering over something stupid when I walked in.

"What's wrong?" I asked, and the two quickly stopped.

"Nothing. What's up hyung?" Wonwoo countered, and I tried to shake off the fact that they were bickering. We almost all have our moments in this household, but these two sometimes never stop.

"Did you move your bed?" I asked skeptically when I saw something was different in the room, and Mingyu nodded excitedly.

"Yeah, Jihoon hyung helped us." I nodded and was about to leave the room when I remembered what I came in here for. It's probably a good thing I don't want a room to myself, or else that would mean Chan and Samuel with these two when they bicker. And that would make Chan very upset.

"Oh, can I move in here? It's either me or Samuel and Chan, but I don't want a room to myself." The two looked at each other, probably using their telepathy to communicate. Which I don't get why they don't argue in their heads so no one else can hear them.

"Oh course, hyung. We already tried to make space for someone in our dresser." Wonwoo mentioned, and I nodded before going back out to Appa. I'm definitely going to miss sharing a room with Chan, and I've always been in that room, but this way I can get closer to the Meanies. And hopefully keep them from fighting.

"I have been approved. What's the next step for my mission, officer?" I asked with a salute, and Appa laughed at the scenario I had created.

"If you enlist the help of one of your commanding officers, the next mission is in the back of the bus." I bowed and excused myself formally from the kitchen before going to find the Americanos. Luckily the two of them were in their room doing who knows what.

"Hey, I need help with something. Do you two have time?" I asked quickly with only my head in their room and my entire body leaning against the doorframe. The Americanos quickly got up from their beds and followed me outside to Appa's van.

"What are we doing?" Hansol asked, and I just shrugged before opening up the van and seeing a massive box that had a label across it saying something about a bed frame.

"Looks like we're building your bed, hyung." Joshua said, and I just nodded to myself, not really knowing where to start. Hansol climbed in and started pushing it out from the back while Joshuji and I supported it from the outside of the van.

"This isn't as heavy as I thought it would be." I commented, and Joshua hummed in agreement. That is until it wasn't supported by the van anymore and it was just the three of us carrying it.

"Holy cow. Is this just your whole bed pre-built?" Hansol muttered, and I laughed. But I really hope it isn't all pre-built because I kind of wanted to try and build my own bed.

"This just makes the whole adopting Samuel thing seem more real. You know?" Joshua said, and he was definitely right. When Appa first mentioned it, it almost seemed surreal. But now that we are actually preparing for him and Appa is sending through paperwork and going back and forth with lawyers, it's all becoming more real.

"Do you think this is the same process Mom and Appa went through to adopt Minseo Noona, or do you think it was easier?" I questioned once we had gotten into the Meanies room with the box and kicked them out because there wasn't enough room.

"What about me was easier?" A feminine voice asked from the doorway, and the three of us whipped around to see Minseo Noona.

"Jeonghan hyung was wondering if adopting you was easier than it is adopting Samuel." Hansol repeated, and she stepped into the room to help us with the bed.

"I don't remember that much, but I'm sure it is since I was already family. We're adopting Samuel?" She sounded a bit confused, and I had to remind myself that she isn't here all the time anymore.

"His parents are really his foster parents, but they are going back West and getting a divorce. So instead of letting him float around in the foster system, we're adopting him. Which is why I'm moving in with the Meanies so the two of them can have their own room." I explained while opening the box, and the four of us started taking the pieces out of the box.

"That makes more sense now. I didn't even know those were his foster parents." Minseo Noona commented, and the three of us nodded in agreement.

"How long are you staying tonight?" Joshuji asked, and Minseo Noona smiled brightly.

"I have all of today and half of tomorrow." I found the screwdriver and screws so we could start actually putting together the frame, and Hansol pulled the thick instruction booklet from the box so we knew how to put it together. I could already tell this was going to take way longer than it should.

"Perfect. Because there are so many things we need to tell you. I mean, Channie and the Meanies got suspended this week."