73

Jeonghan's POV

"I need to get away. Minseo Noona's house, they won't find me there." I muttered to myself, completely ignoring the lesson the teacher was trying to explain. When I woke up this morning I could see a masked male watching from the other side of the street, and he's been following me the whole day. My friend had asked me earlier what I had been staring at and I told him, but his only response was that no one was there. The man wasn't even hiding at that moment.

"I can't take this any more." I got up from my seat and took the bathroom pass from the wall. In the beginning of the year the teacher had told us to just take the pass and go if it was an emergency, and I'm pretty sure this constituted as an emergency.

I dropped the pass outside of the classroom door and speed walked down the hallways so I could get to the back exit. This way I would be closer to the bus stop to get to Noona's and the man hopefully wouldn't see me.

I booked it out of the school with everything I had and only stopped when I saw an old pay phone on the street. I took out a coin that I had found in my pants this morning and put it in the machine before dialing the house phone.

I tapped my foot as I waited, hoping Joshua would pick up the phone. I mean it all depends on who was closest, but it was always worth the hoping.

"Hello?"

"Jihoon? Is Joshuji there?" Jihoon never picked up the phone because he was always in his room or too lazy to get up. Maybe he was eating when I called?

"No... He's still in school like you are. Is he supposed to be here?" School? Why would I be in school? But why would Joshua be at school? Oh, Jihoon must be confused. Shua's at work.

"I guess not..." I turned my head to now see the street flooded with people. In a moment of panic I accidently hung up on Jihoon, but I didn't have the money to call him again.

"Minseo Noona. I need to get to Minseo Noona." I craned my neck to look through the sea of people to try and figure out where the bus stop was. In my searching I could see the man who had been stalking me all morning, and I ducked down into the crowd. I somehow got pushed towards the edge of the sidewalk and I tried to keep my balance so I wouldn't fall into the road.

I could see the bus coming down the street towards the bus stop, so I sped up to catch the bus. Hoping the man wouldn't follow me.

But then all of the people disappeared on the street. Not like they all walked into a building, they just vanished. Even the man that had been following me all morning.

In my panic I tripped over my feet and into the road. I tried to compose myself before getting back onto the sidewalk since I didn't think I was that far away from the sidewalk.

I had completely forgotten about the bus behind me.