53

Dk's POV

"I feel the need to have a party. I don't know why, I just do." Jun hyung said randomly, and I laughed when Minghao hyung looked up from his book to give him a strange glance. I did have to agree with Jun hyung though, I was in the mood for a celebration.

"I never said you had to agree with my mood, Ming." Minghao hyung just shook his head with a sigh, and Jun hyung turned towards me.

"Would you help me make a cake?" I immediately jumped off of the bed and nodded vigorously. A party was most definitely needed today, and I was sick of just sitting around.

Jun hyung stuck his tongue out at his twin as we left the room, and I ran to the kitchen to see if we had a cake mix in the cupboards. I didn't think we would since we never do, and I proved to be right. I showed Jun hyung the empty space on the shelf, and he sighed before walking down the hallway towards Jeonghan hyung's room. I trailed behind him just for moral support if it was needed.

"Hyung, Dk and I feel like making a cake, but there's no cake mixes in the house." I don't know how, but Jun hyung managed to ask for money without asking for money. One of the greatest skills on the planet.

"Do I get to help eat the cake without helping to make it?" The two of us nodded, since it's not like we could eat the cake on our own. I mean, we probably could. But with this many people in the house it's practically impossible to eat anything on your own.

"Amazing. I'll come with you to the store since I'm bored." Jeonghan hyung got up from his bed with a groan and the three of us left the house. Appa was off somewhere, so we just made sure that Minghao hyung knew where we were.

"Why are you making a cake?" I just shrugged, and Jun hyung held open the door for us to leave.

"The two of us are just in the mood for a party, and you can't have a party without cake." Jun hyung reasoned, and the look on Jeonghan hyung's face was one of approval. He's getting cake without the work, so I don't know why he would protest. Except for the fact that he was paying, but I think that's a minor factor in the bigger picture. And the bigger picture is cake.

"So all you need is frosting and a cake mix?" I nodded, since we just naturally always have sprinkles in the house. Unless Joshua hyung and Samuel ate them all without me again.

We reached the small corner store and I held the door for my hyungs. The three of us wandered the store until we found the aisle we were looking for, and we picked out a cake mix that was a distillate of strawberry and chocolate. I insisted upon yellow frosting, so that's what we left the store with.

"Okay, so how do we make this?" Jun hyung asked me once we had all of our ingredients on the counter at home, and I turned the cake mix box to show him the step by step, easy to follow instructions.

"Oh." I rolled my eyes playfully at him, and I started filling up the measuring cup with water while he cracked the eggs. Once it was all blended together and put in the oven, the worst part started. We had to smell the cake baking without eating it. Even after it was done baking, we still had to wait for it to cool so we could take it out of the circular pan and decorate it with the frosting and sprinkles. I did check, and we do still have sprinkles.

"How do we want to decorate this?" I ran across the kitchen and opened up one of the drawers to pull out a notepad. I drew a rough sketch of what the cake should look like when it comes out of the oven, and then I took a highlighter I found to scribble over it. None of us will care how it looks in the end, and I just wanted to eat it as fast as possible at this point.

"Can't we do something a bit fancier?" I gasped and held the sprinkles up in front of his face. Sprinkles are the fanciness. Sprinkles are all we need in life.

"In that case, I will attempt to do some swirls on the sides, and then you can hit it up with some sprinkles." I nodded excitedly, and Jun hyung just sighed at me.

"Who's cooking?" The two of us looked up from the kitchen table at Appa who had just come in the house from wherever he previously was. There's too many people in the house to keep track of them all.

"Dk and I felt like having a party, so we're making a cake." A soft smile spread onto Appa's face, and I became confused. Maybe he is just happy because there will be cake?

"Chocolate and strawberry with yellow frosting and a ton of sprinkles?" My jaw dropped a bit at how he just happened to know what we had made and how we were going to decorate said cake. It's not like we make the same cake over and over again. It's not even like we make cakes a lot. Or ever.

"How did you know?" I whispered hoarsely since my voice was scratchy from not using it since the talent show two weeks ago.

"It's your Mother's birthday today, and you two made her the same cake a year before she died."