55

Jun's POV

I'm bored. Want to go do something with me?

Jun, we're in the middle of class.

I was hoping you wouldn't notice that factor.

I could hear Minghao sigh through telepathy, and I tried to find some amusement in the lesson we were learning. Parabolas are not very exciting though. I swear if the teacher makes one more joke about happy parabolas and sad parabolas, I'm going to lose it.

Are you sure we can't just leave and find something fun to do? The playground is open 24/7.

No, it isn't. It has night hours.

Those are just suggestions, Ming.

Not really. But can you please stop distracting me? I'm trying to learn.

This time I sighed, and I rested my chin on my hand. I picked up my pencil and started just writing down the lyrics to the Chinese song Minghao and I were learning. All of my attention was on writing down the characters correctly, and not on the teacher asking me a question.

Jun, the vertex is (-4,6).

"Negative four comma six." I answered while snapping my head up, and I noticed the entire class wasn't looking at me. It's a good thing Minghao knew I wouldn't be paying attention and saved me from that embarrassment.

Thank you.

You're welcome. Just try and pay attention a little?

I'm too poor to pay attention.

Oh shut up.

I snickered to myself at how annoyed my twin was at that joke, even though it was a classic, and picked up my head so it at least looked like I was paying attention. Though if the teacher came walking down the aisle and looked at my paper, all they would see was a whole bunch of Chinese and next to no math. That's a chance I'm willing to take, though, since the teacher never gets up from their chair.

I sighed in relief when the bell rang and we were dismissed from class. I quickly packed up my things and waited for my twin so we could walk to our next class together. It wasn't any fun to walk alone.

"One of these days, I'm going to let you stay in your little world and I'm going to watch you get in trouble." Minghao teased, but he had an edge of seriousness.

"I guess I won't tell you where I found your nunchucks then." Minghao gasped and turned towards me with bright eyes.

"Aw come on, Jun! You know I can't stand not having them!" Minghao had been on edge ever since they were taken away from him, and I've walked in on him practicing more hand to hand combat because he didn't have them. It must be strange knowing it's now harder to protect people when he always had them on him.

"I know, I know. But if I do tell you, what if Appa sees they've gone missing? Won't he just get upset then?" Minghao sighed.

"He would get mad. But who said I was going to take them! I just want to at least know where they are. Just in case. Please?" At this point, Minghao was just begging me.

They're under Appa's bed.

"Jun, how in the world would you know they're there?" Minghao's skepticism made total sense, especially when it sounded like I was sending him on a wild goose chase. Which I could do, but I didn't want him attacking me with his nunchucks when he did find them. Playfully or not, those things hurt.

"You know how serious hide and seek can get with the uncles." He nodded, a mutual solemn feeling washing over us. It's never be found or die right before you're caught when they're here. It drives Appa nuts, but I think that's what kids and cousins are for.