34

Samuel's POV

"Why's the door unlocked? None of the hyungs should be home by now." Wonwoo hyung mumbled to himself, and my mind went into a game of "what's wrong with this picture." There were no cars, so that rules out Appa and the Uncles. Maybe one of the hyungs had to switch days with someone?

"Just open it. Who ever is there obviously has a key, so it's fine." Mingyu hyung reasoned, and I could see Wonwoo hyung debating it in his mind before letting us all in.

"Oh that smells so good." Chan exclaimed as soon as we walked in, and I definitely agreed. But that only made us even more curious as to who was home since we weren't used to food when we come home from school.

"Minseo Noona?" Wonwoo hyung whispered to us, and I shrugged. Minseo Noona meant a very high possibility of Dk hyung, and we haven't seen either of them in around a week.

"Hey, you're home!" I gasped and Chan ran forward to give Noona a hug. She smiled and hugged him back while looking at us other three. Dk hyung trailed a little behind her, and he smiled with a little wave when he saw us. Looks like he still isn't speaking very much.

"What are you making?" Gyu hyung asked while giving her a quick little hug, and I peeked into the kitchen to try and see for myself, but Dk hyung playfully blocked me from seeing.

"It's definitely a surprise, so you'll just have to go do your homework in your rooms until we're done." She teased, and I frowned. Dk hyung put his hand on my head and turned me the opposite way before giving me a slight push.

"Are you coming back home now, hyung?" Wonwoo hyung asked, and I turned back towards Dk hyung to see him nod. That honestly makes me so happy that we'll all be together again. It hurt to hear that he was so broken, since I didn't actually see him before he disappeared.

"Minghao hyung will be super happy. I know he was really upset that you disappeared." Mingyu hyung commented, and you could physically Dk hyung's demeanor change into a sadder one. Minseo Noona quickly noticed this and moved herself closer to him.

"Don't you four have homework to do?" I groaned and trudged my way to Chan and I's room so we could do our homework together. I plopped down onto Chan's bottom bunk while he took the desk to work at.

"Do you think he's talked at all?" Chan didn't even look up from his backpack to answer me.

"Besides from the little bit he said telepathically to the hyungs, I'm not sure."

"It sucks not knowing how to help him." Chan just hummed in response and tried to focus on his homework, but I know he actually heard me.

While I took out my workbook, a piece of paper fluttered to the ground. I didn't even have to pick it up to know what was on it since I've stared at it so many times. Written on it was my former adult caretaker's phone numbers and email addresses, but it made me mad right now to look at it.

I know that my new and true family loves me, and the love and experience in this entire family is so comforting. I don't regret the day they left. It hurt at the time, but now I'm kind of glad.

This is where I belong.

It's a little broken, a little crazy, and with it's own underlying coat of sadness. But I wouldn't give it up for the world.