46

Samuel's POV

"Jihoon hyung, sing it to me again!" I jumped around from side to side, and he sighed with a smile on his face. I was supposed to be working on my homework, but I knew my two hyungs wouldn't make me while I was staying after with them. Hoshi hyung had brought me up to the high school at my request so I could watch them work on the song.

He sang his part of the song softly, and I tried doing his part of the dance that I had seen them do over and over. Hoshi hyung eventually came over and helped me do it right.

"You know, if you keep dancing all the time you won't grow." Jihoon hyung teased, and I hesitated in my step sending me tumbling to the floor. Hoshi hyung immediately pulled me up as I laughed. I knew he was only joking around, but it caught me off guard for a second.

"Come on, Jihoonie. Don't hurt our precious Sam!" He pulled me close to him in a hug and I attached myself to him. Jihoon hyung scoffed playfully and I released myself from Hoshi hyung.

"Can you teach me the chorus again?" He nodded and I watched him run through the motions in slow motion, trying to remember each one as I did it in a smaller version with just my hands. Once he was through, he watched me try a few things and helped me by positioning my hands for me or telling me what came next. Hoshi hyung was really such a great dancer and a teacher. And the song Jihoon hyung made is just absolutely mind blowing. I'm not sure where the meaning comes from, but I know it's very meaningful to everyone.

"Yep, just like that. It helps if you shift your weight more on your back leg." I did as he suggested and it actually worked. I mean, it usually does.

"Jihoon hyung, dance with us!"

"Ah come on, kid. I'm already shorter than the Meanies." I rolled my eyes at his superstitions and got up to drag him next to us. Hoshi hyung counted us down and the three of us started dancing the chorus. The smile wouldn't come off of my face since it was just so amazing to watch the two of them dance.

"Okay, Sam. You have to do your homework now or Appa won't let you come up with us again." I sighed with a pout, but the stern look from Hoshi hyung told me there was no negotiations going on today.

"How did your test go today? Didn't you have one in math?" The fact that Jihoon hyung even remembered the test I had today shocked me. The people responsible for half of my childhood never paid attention to that sort of stuff, even if I wouldn't shut up about it. Then again, they still haven't even responded to my emails.

"I think it went okay. Some of the things were a bit difficult, but it helped that Jeonghan hyung helped me study." He nodded and I tried to not get distracted by Hoshi hyung dancing away while Jihoon hyung still worked on how the lyrics were supposed to be sung. The way the two of them put so much effort into this song and how they gave it all they had was such a beautiful thing to watch.

"Who's the lady in the song you sing about?" The two of them immediately stopped.

"Just focus on your homework, Sam." His words came out kind of harsh. Something I've never heard from Hoshi hyung.

"Hyung, you could have said that a bit nicer." Jihoon hyung whispered gently, and my assumption that this was a very meaningful to them was only half of the reality. I don't think this was a topic I could fully grasp.

"Sorry." 

"That's fine, hyung." I bent my head down over the words on the paper, my mind still running through half a million things of whom the song could be about that could mean so much to them. But then I remembered one person I have only heard about a few times. A very touchy topic each time that usually resulted in Chan looking quite guilty for an unknown reason to me.

Their Mom.