12

Jun's POV

"Question: What about bed arrangements?" I asked Appa while he was making dinner. I was sitting on the counter, even though I knew I wasn't supposed to, and he was hunched over the stove.

Everyone else was just chilling in their rooms and doing homework. I know Wonwoo and Jihoon were playing chess in the living room, so it was basically just Appa and I. And I didn't have to worry about Samuel somehow hearing us because he wasn't here tonight.

“I'm not sure yet. But I know Samuel and Chan will be together. Can you please get off the counter?” I jumped off at his request and pulled up a chair from the table to sit.

“You could put Jeonghan hyung in the Meanies room and then Chan and Samuel would have the room for themselves. That's really the only thing I can think of without rearranging everyone.” I suggested, and I could see Appa think about it while he worked.

“That's probably how it will work out. Can you stir this?” I nodded and got up from my chair to take the spoon from him and stir the sauce in the pot while he focused on the noodles.

"Do you think the rest of your brothers will be okay with Samuel being added to the family?" Appa asked me in a hushed tone, and I thought for a second.

"Appa, we've dealt with a lot of new additions to the family. I'm sure we can handle one more. Plus, we all already know him. I'm sure we'll be fine." I replied back in an equally hushed tone, and Appa nodded. He looked over my shoulder at the sauce and turned off the burner.

"Would you go gather everyone for dinner?" Appa asked me, and I ran out of the kitchen to go find everyone.

"Americano hyungs and Ming, dinner." I said quickly while popping my head into their room, and I made my way throughout the house.

"What's for dinner?" Dk asked while we all arranged ourselves in our usual seats at the table.

"Food." Jeonghan hyung responded and Dk sighed.

"This." Appa butted in as he put down the pots on the table. A couple exclamations of excitement over what Appa had made went around our abnormally long table, and we started to pass the dish around. It took so long to get used to Noona's empty seat, but I guess now Samuel will fill it.

"So, does anyone have any plans for tonight?" Appa asked, and we all looked amongst ourselves.

"After we finish our homework, I don't think so." Minghao answered for us all, and a collection of nods went around.

"Could we watch a movie?" Jeonghan hyung asked, and I got excited. Story time has been replaced with movie night now that we're more grown up and we can read for ourselves. Even though it's really just Wonwoo and Minghao who read.

"A horror movie maybe?" Mingyu asked, and I got even more excited.

"Ah come on, hyungs!" Channie complained, and Jeonghan hyung ruffled his hair with a smile.

"You don't have to watch it then." I said, and Chan groaned.

"I don't want to be the only one left out though." He whined.

"Make up your mind, Channie! We can watch more of a jump scare one so the whole thing isn't as creepy if you want." Hoshi suggested, and Chan threw his arms into the air.

"How is that better?" Chan asked dramatically, and incoherent murmurs went around the table.

"If it's a jump scare movie, I'm out." Jihoon said, and Chan seemed satisfied that someone agreed with him.

"I have a couple movies running through my head right now on different levels of jump scare and gory." Wonwoo said, and it amazed me how much his brain worked like a computer. Even though he is only 11 years old.

"Perfect. Let's go see what Netflix has then." Joshua hyung said, and we started getting up from the table.

"Hey, not so fast. I need help with the kitchen before I take a nap and head to work." Appa said, and I stayed back with Minghao, Chan and Jihoon to help clean the kitchen.

"Just watch with us, Chan. We're your hyungs, we'll protect you." Minghao urged, and Chan sighed.

"If I can handle it, you can too." Jihoon said, and I could see him giving in.

"Okay, fine. But if I can't sleep for weeks, I'm invading your room and making myself known." Chan threatened Ming and I, but we just shrugged. The amount we can sleep through some days is insane.

"We're ready when you are!" Mingyu called out, and the four of us quickly finished up in the kitchen. When we came into the living room, it looked like someone had brought out blankets and pillows for those of us on the floor. Chan quickly ran off and grabbed his dinosaur stuffed animal, claiming it was for extra protection. As if his eleven hyungs aren't enough. Then again, we are the ones making him watch this.

Chan won't get too upset at the movie, right?

I'm sure he'll be fine, Jun. I mean, he's nine.

Oh shoot he's nine! What are we doing?!

"If it gets too much for you, you can always leave." I offered Chan, and he nodded. We all arranged ourselves into our usual movie positions.

I was on the couch along with the Meanies, Seungkwan and Dk. Hansol hyung and Minghao were curled up together near me on the floor, and Hoshi and Jihoon were in front of them laying on their stomachs in front of the TV. Joshua hyung and Jeonghan hyung were the furthest away from me, and Chan was sitting in front of them and leaning back onto Jeonghan hyung's lap. But this way Channie and his little dinosaur have an easy escape if needed.

"Hit play." Dk announced, and whomever had the controller did as asked. Having snacks would have been a nice addition, but after Seungkwan almost choked on chips while screaming, Appa said no more. Dk also has a tendency to throw things when he jumps. We also have to try not to scream now since Appa is trying to sleep.

The beginning credits rolled through, and the movie didn't seem too bad. Until it all went downhill. I usually am pretty decent about horror movies, but this was awful. Dk and Seungkwan were clinging to each other for life, and Jihoon was buried into Hoshi. I'm pretty sure Chan was crying into Jeonghan hyung.

"Wonwoo, what the heck did you pick?" Joshua asked, and he shrugged.

"The reviews didn't say it was this bad. Sorry." He apologized, and Jeonghan hyung ended up carrying Channie out of the room. A few minutes later, Hoshi did the same with Jihoon.

"I don't think he's ever watching a movie with us again." I mentioned, referring to Chan, and my brothers nodded.

"Yeah, we definitely messed up there."