74

Chan's POV

"I want to go see Appa and Jeonghan hyung and if no one will take me I am either walking or driving the car myself." I knew my hyungs probably think I'm being childish, but this is the only way any of us will see them.

"Chan, calm down. We're having an adult conversation here." I rolled my eyes at Joshua hyung's lame excuse and looked at the three oldest sitting at the table. Minghao hyung had to go with Officer Jade on another case as her newly appointed high school intern, but I doubt he would participate in the adult discussion anyways.

"Appa just got attacked by drug addicts and Jeonghan hyung was hit by a bus! I can't just sit here and be useless!"

"Which is why we're trying to figure out how to handle this! Maybe instead of acting like a child you could try and be helpful for once!" Joshua hyung yelled back, and I stopped. All I wanted was to see the two of them, but all I got was a reminder of how I can do nothing. Absolutely nothing. Useless.

I stormed off down the hallway with tears pricking my eyes and I shut myself in Appa's closet. I could probably handle Wonwoo hyung or Jihoon hyung saying that to me, but not Joshua hyung. And it's not like he's ever had a reason to feel useless. He's at the top of the food chain and everyone always needs him. I'm just told to go play or do my homework or find someone else to talk to.

"Chan. I have a plan." I sighed and held the door shut so Samuel couldn't get in.

"Not now, Samuel. I don't want to play."

"We never said we were going to play. It's an escape plan for the single children." Jihoon hyung enticed, and I cracked the door open.

"What kind of escape plan?"

"All we have to do is hop out the window and I have the map printed out to the hospital. We could be there in twenty minutes. No adult plan necessary." Samuel grinned, obviously proud of himself while Jihoon hyung held up the folded paper and waved it around a little.

"No one else knows? You didn't make the plan with the twin and triplet hyungs?" They both shook their heads and I took Sam's outstretched hand to get up from the floor.

"Let's do it."

...

"You know someone will be upset you three disappeared, right?" I shrugged at Mark hyung's question and he sighed.

"They wouldn't let us do anything, so we took manners into our own hands." Jihoon hyung added in, and we went back to silence as we waited for Jeonghan hyung to wake up. Turns out the only real damage he had received was just a concussion and bruises. The doctors can't really explain how that's the only damage he had received, but no one was going to complain.

"Can we go see Appa while we're waiting?" Samuel asked, and I snapped my head to look at Mark hyung with pleading eyes.

"Do you seriously think I can stop you? He's four doors down to the left." The three of us jumped up and practically ran out of the room. One of the nurses in the hallway passing by reminded us to walk, but that's the only reason we weren't sprinting.

"Appa!" We exclaimed once we saw he was awake and sitting up in bed. Our other three older siblings were still in the room, and looked pretty surprised to see us. The only reason Mark hyung knew we were here was because he was getting snacks when we came in. In other words they had no idea Jeonghan hyung was in the hospital. So much for all of the communication we had set up.

"Hey guys!" He opened up his arms for us and we gently took turns lightly hugging him. It took a lot of self control since all I wanted to do was hug him so tight.

"Who brought you here?" Minseo Noona questioned, and I panicked.

"Jeonghan hyung was hit by a bus and the Americanos and Jun hyung were kind of being jerks so we brought ourselves here." Sam answered plainly like it was no big deal, but everyone else was ready to run out the door to find him.

"Where is he? Is he okay?" I love how they aren't now questioning how we got here anymore.

"He only has a concussion and bruises, relax." Jihoon hyung said calmingly to our eldest sister and Appa, but that didn't seem to help them at all.

"How could he only? How?" We should have known they were going to freak out since that's what we were doing when we came home from school. But at least they got to find out when we knew he wasn't going to be seriously injured on us.

"We have no idea. He was supposed to be in class and he was weird all morning. He called me while I was home with the littles and he was just really strange." Jihoon hyung explained, and Appa's expression changed to a more painful one.

"Appa, do you mind if I go see him and find Mark?" Minseo Noona asked, and Appa just nodded.

"Mark hyung is with Jeonghan hyung. He found us in the hallway when we were walking in." Noona nodded and left the room, leaving Mingyu hyung, Hoshi hyung and the three of us with Appa.

"Are we not going to talk about how you three just walked from home to the hospital?" Hoshi hyung questioned, and Samuel just held a finger to his lips to silence him.

"I feel like the Americanos and Jun hyung being jerks should be thought about first." Mingyu hyung countered, and I nodded aggressively.

"I'll talk to the three of them when I get discharged tomorrow. I convinced the doctors to let me go a weekend early." My face lit up at the thought of Appa coming home. It feels like forever since our house had some sort of resemblance of normal. Not that normal was a word anyone could ever use to describe it, but our kind of normal.

"We're just happy you're okay, Appa."