50

Minseo's POV

"I have an idea."

"Why am I suddenly nervous?" Mark sighed and set down his utensils next to his plate. I wasn't sure what any of this idea was about, but he seemed pretty serious.

"I understand you're skeptical of having kids. I get that. But what if they aren't ours?" I scrunched my eyebrows and tilted my head slightly to the side.

"I don't understand."

"Ours as in... Not our blood. You're adopted. I wish I was adopted. I think it would work." I pauses and set down my own utensils so I could focus.

"You really want kids, don't you." After the first year of marriage was when the topic of kids first came up, so it really wasn't even a question.

"Wholeheartedly. Isn't adoption a compromise." Adoption was certainly a compromise. The only problem I have with having our own kids is me throwing my microcephaly gene into the gene pool, since I would rather me children not have to go through what I have. But adoption eliminates that.

"Doyoung's Dad knows a lot of people in the adoption industry, so I'm sure we could work something out." Mark's eyes widened and his jaw dropped a little.

"You're not turning the idea down?"

"No, I actually think it's a really good idea." The biggest smile immediately spread onto his face, and he leaned over the table to give me a soft kiss.

"I'll go call Doyoung! Even if he knows nothing he can give me his Dad's number." I watched him with a smile as he ran towards our bedroom where he last left his phone so he could call his friend. I swear, if I brought him to a veterinarian they wouldn't know the difference between my husband and a puppy on a sugar high. He didn't even finish eating his breakfast.

"I have two names and a number!" He screamed after not even five minutes, and he came running back out to the kitchen so he could sit with me.

"I totally forgot Doyoung's Dad was named Taeyong, so that's one of the names. The other one's not even really a name. Doyoung just only referred to him as "the child dealer," so I'm assuming that's who we want." I raised an eyebrow skeptically, and Mark just shrugged while holding up a phone number.

"Are we actually going to do this?" His voice sounded like the whole situation was surreal, while I thought it was rushed. Not that this was a decision we would ever regret. I knew we both really wanted a child, and this is our best option of having one.

"Yeah, I think we are." We shared and excited smile before he dialed the number and put it on speaker so we both could hear and talk.

"Hello, this is Baekyun. How may I assist?"

"Is this the child dealer?" A deep sigh could be heard on the other end at Mark's question.

"I'm guessing you got this number from Taeyong?"

"Doyoung, actually. He said you might be able to help us adopt?" Before I could listen to any more of the conversation, our house phone rang. I quickly got up to grab it, and Mark took the child dealer off of speaker so our conversations weren't mixed.

"Hello?"

"Noona!" I smiled at the sound of a lot of my brother's voices, leading me to believe I was on speaker.

"Hey, what's up?"

"We were wondering if you and Mark hyung would like to come watch Hoshi in a talent show this Friday." I walked the few steps closer to our calendar we had on the wall, just to see if anything was going on.

"Yeah, of course! What time?"

"Seven o'clock, Noona!" Hoshi chirped, and I smiled.

"We'll get on the bus right after work then."

After talking with all of them for a few more minutes, they had to go run off and do something. I set the phone down on the charger and returned back to my husband at the table. Once he noticed I was there he set the phone down on the table and put it back on speaker.

"The system says we have two kids that are looking for a foster home. One girl and a boy. Do you care about their race?" Mark looked at me and I immediately shook my head. The color of anyone's skin never mattered to me.

"We'll take whoever you have."

"Okay, before I can legally give you any information, there's a list of paperwork and a home survey. If you're free this weekend you can come into my office and I can give you the rundown." Mark smiled so brightly at me, and I naturally returned it.

"We'd love too."