18

Samuel's POV

"Are you ready to go?" My Mother asked while poking her head into my now empty room, and I nodded. I was sitting cross legged on the floor where my bed used to be as I stared at everything around me. Not that there was anything to stare at but blank walls.

"Come on then, we're leaving soon." She said softly, and I followed her directions. But my eyes were not focused on anything in front of me, and my mind was blank.

"We're sorry about this, Samuel. We really are. But we had a good run, didn't we?" My Dad asked playfully, and I nodded with tons of memories flowing through my mind. The old ones were good, and the more recent ones a bit more muddled. But I wouldn't give them up for the world.

"Are you bringing me to wherever I am being sent to?" I asked hesitantly, not exactly sure how to word the question.

"We actually can't since we have to leave for our flights in five minutes. But we'll give you directions on where to walk." My Mother replied, and I instantly felt even more disappointed and upset.

I only have five more minutes until I'm on my own?

"You'll be good for us, right? You'll try and keep in contact?" My Mother questioned almost pleadingly, and I nodded before she pulled me into a tight hug.

"We do love you Samuel." She whispered into my ear, and I closed my eyes to enjoy how comforting she is.

"Love you too, Mom." She pulled away from the hug and smiled at me, but she didn't look very sad to leave me behind. And when I looked at my Dad, he was the same.

"Goodbye, Samuel. We have to go now." My Father said, and he pulled me into his own quick hug before making sure they had all of their things. I walked out of the house with them with my own suitcase and backpack stuffed full, and I watched them pile into the car.

I just now started to realize how distanced they had kept themselves from me over the years. How if I came to them upset, they panicked. But what I really noticed is they never called me by a nickname or an endearing term. I was always just Samuel.

"Wait! Where am I going?" I shouted across the lawn, and my Mom rolled down her windows.

"Go to the Chois!" She yelled back right before the car pulled away and they were gone forever. I had been given their cell phone numbers and email addresses so we could stay in touch, but now I questioned if I would.

I picked up my suitcase and made my way across the damp lawn to my neighbors house. Nothing was really clicking with me, and I assumed they were going to bring me to a foster home full of nasty kids and a rude couple. I knocked on the door, kind of upset that even my second family was letting me go away too.

"Hey-"

"Are you guys getting rid of me too?" I interrupted Hansol hyung, my voice wavering despite my attempts to keep calm.

"What? No! No, no. Never."He moved aside to let me inside, but I stayed still. My lip started trembling and I tried to stop the tears welling in my eyes.

"I was told to come here. Aren't you just taking me across the country and leaving me on my own? Hoshi hyung is a liar." I turned away from Hansol hyung so he couldn't see the tears slip down my cheeks. I started walking away, not really sure where I was going or what I was doing. I was just sick of people leaving me behind.

"Sam! Please don't go!" Hansol hyung yelled after me, booking it out of his house without his shoes. I hesitated for a second, but I kept walking away. He quickly caught up and stood in front of me, his hands on my shoulders so I couldn't go anywhere.

"I don't know what Hoshi told you, but we're not bringing you anywhere. What were the instructions you were given?" He seemed so calm and almost demanding, but it wasn't in a rude or mean way.

"I was told to walk to the Chois house because my own parents couldn't take the time to drive me to my next foster house." I choked out in a broken voice, and Hansol hyung sighed a bit.

"Sam, you're going to live with us. We had hoped that you would have been told this already though." I looked up at Hansol hyung confused while I tried to stop crying.

"I'm living with you?" I asked, and Hansol hyung nodded sincerely before wiping the tears off of my face. He took my suitcase from me and put his other arm around my shoulder while directing me back towards their house. I didn't know what information to trust anymore, if anything else I have been told in my life is a lie.

"But I can't do that to Mr. Choi." I stopped and stepped away from Hansol hyung. He tilted his head at me like he wasn't sure what I was getting at.

"Do what?"

"Barge in and be a burden. Mom always said I was a lot to handle..." I trailed off and let my eyes wander to my shoes to avoid eye contact.

"I promise you that you are not barging in. That you are not going to be a burden. And you've never been rowdy or much to handle. I mean, you've met Seungkwan." He said, and I laughed a bit at the mention of Seungkwan hyung.

"More laughing less crying, okay?" He asked, playfulness edging his words, and I slowly nodded.

"I can try, hyung. But you're sure I won't be a problem?" I asked just to make sure, my insecurities suddenly creeping up on me more today than any other day in my entire life.

"I'm completely positive. But can we please go inside? It's kind of cold." He shivered for effect, and I laughed while nodding. He waited for me to start walking, probably just to make sure I would actually go inside. The front door was still slightly open, so I just pushed it open a little more and made my way into their- our house. Making sure to take my shoes off at the door. Hansol hyung set down my suitcase and shut the door behind us.

When I looked up, it seemed as though everyone was just watching me, trying to figure out how I was taking all of this. I spotted Mr. Choi across the room, and I ran up to him. I clung to him tightly, and he immediately responded by hugging me back.

"Thank you."