41

Hoshi's POV

Jihoon won't make me perform, right?

The talent show is in a month and a half, and if you don't feel comfortable by then we won't make you.

Thank you, Hoshi.

I took a small drink from my water bottle before walking over to Jihoon. We were the last two of our siblings that were in the school, and it was getting close to dinner time.

"Listen to this, hyung." Jihoon commanded, and I took the headphones from his hands to listen to what he had put together. I don't know when or how he learned how to do this, but it sounds really good.

"Thoughts?"

"I can't wait for the lyrics. It already sounds bittersweet."

"Any choreo ideas yet?" I tried to think for a second, but I definitely require another listen and some lyrics.

"Hold on." I slipped the headphones back on and hit play. Definitely bittersweet, but I could put a lot of power points into the song, along with some simple parts. This is most certainly going to be so much fun to do. But also a lot of work.

"A general idea, but lyrics will help." Jihoon nodded and took the headphones away from me so he could listen over and over again. A tattered notebook with pages starting to fall out was opened in from of the computer so he could write some lyrics.

"Any ideas for the lyrics?" He nodded and seemed to become really focused on what was in front of him. Seeing as I probably shouldn't interrupt the genius, I moved a few steps back and tried to start with the beginning since the beat was easy to work with there.

Appa is starting to question coming to the school to drag you two home.

I'll keep that in mind, Boo.

"Hyung, should I write it first and then distribute the lines?" I have no idea how songs are made, but I think that's probably the easiest way.

"Yeah, probably." Jihoon nodded and he bent right over his notebook again. Headphones tightly over his ears and his left hand ready to rewind certain parts. I swear our brothers better participate with this.

...

Appa just left to get you.

Really? It hasn't been that long.

It's almost eight, Hosh. We already ate dinner.

Oh.

I walked over to my little brother and tapped him on the shoulder. Jihoon jumped a bit and slid the headphones down to his shoulders so he could listen to what I was saying. His notebook was filled with so many scribbles, and the area around him was filled with eraser shavings.

"Appa is coming to drag us out of here, so you might want to find a stopping point." He nodded and held the notebook up so I could see what he had been working on. The lyrics so perfectly encompassed everything, but it was so beautifully written. How in the world did he do this?

"Does that help with making the choreography?" Jihoon reached up for his notebook and I let him have it before he brought out a package of colored pencils from his bag.

"Yeah, that does. How did you do that?"

"Do what?" The thirteen year old never even looked up from what he was doing as he started to make marks across the paper with different colors. I'm guessing this is his way of doing line distribution.

"How did you write those lyrics and make the song?" He just shrugged, and I'm not sure if he's being modest or he honestly doesn't know.

"Did you do any parts of the choreo?"

"Yeah, I have the beginning part." He finally turned around in his seat and looked up at me with a slight smile.

"Can I see?" I nodded and Jihoon hit play once I was a decent distance away for space. I could hear him mumbling the words along with the instrumental as I danced, and he paused it when I was done. I didn't have much done, but I'll get there eventually.

"Oh that looked awesome. I'm sure for the sake of vocal stability whomever is singing will be in the center and have a modified part, but that is awesome."

"Thanks, and I was planning on that." He nodded and went back to scribbling everywhere with his colored pencils, constantly just switching back and forth and stopping to think or play back a part of the song.

"Help. Who would sing this?" I stood next to Jihoon to see what he was pointing at. It really is hard to tell who would sing what, since we've hardly ever really sang very much and tried to make it sound good.

"Sam could probably do it. It might be a bit higher than you want it, but I think he could." Jihoon nodded and scribbled over it quickly with a light blue colored pencil.

"What color am I?" Jihoon didn't even stop thinking enough to answer me with words, and he just held up an orange colored pencil. I looked over what I already saw that was colored orange, and I whispered them out loud.

"Here." He gave me his notebook and started up the song from the beginning so I could hear it. Jihoon started singing with the song, and pointed to me when he sang my part.

"Oh I like that." I started singing my part when he paused the song, and I hardly even noticed when Appa walked into the room.

"Okay you two, time's up." Appa physically came into the room, picked Jihoon out of his chair and threw him onto his shoulder and tried to walk out with my backpack.

"Appa! I need to save it!" Seeing as there was no way Jihoon was being let go of, I saved it onto his flash drive and shut down the computer, making sure to pack up all of his things that were scattered everywhere. Since Appa already had my backpack, I put on Jihoon's and joined them outside of the classroom.

"We are perfectly capable of bringing ourselves home, Appa." Jihoon huffed, and Appa laughed.

"It's past eight and you two obviously had no intentions of coming home soon." I sighed, but we both knew he was right. I looked up at the flickering street light and smiled.

"You know, I can walk Appa."

"Hmm, really? I thought you were still a baby."