69

Jun's POV

When are you going back to the hospital?

No idea. Officer Jade just got a dispatch call  for another gang and she's letting me come along. She's already joked about taking me on as an intern.

Be careful, Ming. We can't afford to have two in the hospital. Financially and medically.

Yeah, yeah. I know.

"How much longer will the doctors take?" Samuel whined, and I looked at the clock. They've already taken two hours, and nobody is allowed to go see Appa. At this point we've already had to stop Jeonghan hyung two times from taking the van and driving down there himself.

"The nurses keep telling Mingyu not much longer, but they were also saying that an hour ago." Wonwoo noted, and Hoshi sighed.

"Why don't we split in half and go to sleep?" I suggested, but everyone shook their heads. It was almost midnight and I knew someone would pass out soon.

"I don't think any of us can sleep right now, hyung. At this point we should at least clean up the house and work on our final projects so we're doing something." Dk pointed out, and the two youngest groaned.

"There's nothing for us to do. Mingyu hyung already cleaned up a lot of stuff while procrastinating. I want to do something." Chan was visibly upset and frustrated, and I guess it never came to me how the rest must feel the need to do something productive. But there's nothing. All we can do is wait. Even I'm not helpful, I can just say what's going on. Which isn't helpful when your twin ran off.

"Hold on. Gyu just said they can go see Appa. Oh. Only four guests are allowed at a time."

"Forget that. How is he?" Joshua hyung demanded, and I moved forward so I was more alert and leaning forward.

"He's asleep and he has a lot of monitors attached, but they're saying he's going to be okay. Maybe home in two or three weeks but off from work for six weeks total." Sighs of relief went around the room, but I glanced over at the Americano hyungs worriedly. Six weeks is a long time, and we still have one more week left of school and then finals.

Appa's going to be okay, Ming.

Good. I should be back to the hospital in twenty minutes.

"Now that we know he's okay, we really should go to sleep. We still have school tomorrow and we need to figure out something with Jaehea and Kazen." I had almost forgotten our niece and nephew until Jeonghan hyung had said something.

"I could stay with them. This way Boo or Dk could turn in my work for me and let me know what's going on during the day. We don't have too much going on anyways." Hoshi offered, and no one opposed. There's no point in more than one of us staying home for the two of them since they're never a problem. Hoshi is also the literal definition of the energizer bunny.

"Mark hyung says that's fine with him. They were just wondering about the two of them anyways." Wonwoo relayed, and I'm just now thinking this is the most he's probably ever talked to all of us in one night.

"You're staying here then, Hoshi, but we all still need to sleep. If anything comes up they'll still be able to talk to you, right?" Jeonghan questioned, and it was clear he had no idea what it was like to have someone screaming in your head for you to wake up.

"Definitely." Wonwoo and I said at the same time, and the eleven of us started getting ready to sleep while still trying to be quiet enough for the littles.

You're still okay, right?

I'm just fine, Jun. Officer Jade is the coolest.

I bet. We're all going to sleep now so we can go to school in the morning, so just scream if something major happens.

Got it.

"Was this what it was like when I was born?" Chan whispered to me, and I had to think back. Eleven years ago seems like forever, especially when I was only about to turn five.

"No, there was a lot more confusion and fighting when you were born. Just a lot of not knowing what was going on." He nodded slowly as he probably tried to picture it, and I messed up his hair on him.

"We'll make it through, Chan." He sighed with a slight smile.

"Why? Because we're a baker's dozen?"

"You read my mind."