39

Chan's POV

"Chan, Jeonghan hyung said he's calling a meeting?" I looked up from what I was doing to see Samuel looking very confused. We haven't had a meeting in a long time, so this is probably Sam's first.

"Okay. Is Appa home?" Usually meetings are never held when he is home.

"No, he just went to the store." Which means it's the usual brother meeting. I think the last meeting we had was the disbandment of the Noona protection squad, and that was the most heated meeting we've ever had.

"That means I'll have to give you a run down of the rules before everyone gathers in here." Sam tilted his head in confusion, and I got up from my bed to sit in where I usually end up in the circle. I patted the floor next to me and Samuel hesitantly came over.

"Once the meeting starts, Jeonghan hyung will pose the point of the meeting. If you have anything to say, you hit your leg. If more than one person wants to say something, they play rock paper scissors and Hansol hyung announces the winner. Wonwoo hyung has taken over the minutes now." Samuel nodded and some of the hyungs started filing into the room and taking their places on the floor.

"Did you explain the rules?" Joshua hyung asked me, and I nodded. Jeonghan hyung was the last to come into the room, and he sat down next to Samuel. Our circle was much bigger than it was when it first started, or so I've been told.

"I vote we get rid of honorifics for this meeting." No one said anything at Jeonghan hyung's proposal since I don't think anyone really knew how to react. Switching around our honorifics was something different since it was a game, but getting rid of them all together was a bit bold. At least it's only for the meeting.

"Okay. Now that that's out of the way, there has been a lot going on recently, so let's just catch up with each other. Maybe go around in the circle and share something? We wouldn't have to keep asking for permission when it starts." I started to get a bit nervous at thinking on what I might share, but I knew my brothers wouldn't pick on me. Seungkwan hit his leg and Jeonghan hyung granted him permission. I could see Samuel nodding to the side of me since he could actually see the rules in action.

"Dk wants to know if everyone has to say something." Ever since he came home, Dk hyung has been only talking through his triplets, but that is on occasion. I prefer it to him not being here though. Mingyu suddenly hit his leg and was immediately granted permission.

"I think we all should share at least something. It's not like we're going to make fun of anyone." A collection of nods went around the circle, and Jeonghan hyung piped up.

"So, I'll go first. I've decided I'm not going to college and I'm just going to stay here and work at the daycare. I like it there and this way you guys have a better chance."

"You don't have to do that for us, Jeonghan." Wonwoo piped up, and it sounded weird to not hear the hyung part at the end.

"I have no future plans, so there is no point in college." It seemed like Jeonghan hyung was done, and our attention shifted to Joshua hyung.

"My job sucks and school is so stressful now I just want to quit both of them, but I can't." I sat in shock at Joshua hyung's sudden outburst since he's usually the most reserved out of all of us, but I guess everyone has a limit.

"What's wrong with your job?" Hansol hyung asked, and it seems like even his twin didn't know about it.

"We're understaffed, I don't get paid for my overtime hours, and I work a lot of those. And the boss treats me like I'm just some robot that can do everything."

"Quit then." I suggested, and he just stared at me.

"But there's no other jobs in walking distance for me to apply for. "

"Not working is an option, you know that, right?" Minghao hyung piped up, and I could tell we were all having very mixed and strong emotions about Joshua hyungs position.

"But if I want to go to college... Or if I don't and one of you wants to and can't..." It was obvious that this issue has been something that has been on his mind for way too long.

"I think we would all rather have you be happy." A chorus of agreements went around the circle at what Samuel said, and Joshua hyung motioned for Hansol hyung to go ahead.

"I don't want to turn sixteen because that's just another number closer to having to make really big decisions."

"You'll be fine. We'll support you with whatever you chose." Hoshi hyung said sincerely, and Jun hyung looked like he really wanted to say something.

"I've been trying to learn how to read Chinese recently, and it's so hard, but I'm getting there." A goofy smile was on his face, and he seemed so proud of himself. I think it's a pretty cool thing to be spending your time doing, but I would never actually do it myself.

"I can't find my nunchucks, and that makes me sad because how else am I supposed to protect you guys?" So apparently some of us are taking this sharing thing a bit more deeply than others. Which was to be expected.

"I think Appa has them confiscated somewhere." Jeonghan hyung stated, and Minghao hyung groaned.

"So, my dance team decided to have us preform at the school's talent show, and the coach said he may or may not put us in a dance competition." Hoshi hyung shared excitedly, and I think he's been much happier since he joined the dance team.

"You'll do awesome!" Samuel exclaimed with a thumbs up, and I laughed at how energetic he was. The room went pretty quiet when we realized it was Dk hyung's turn, and we just waited to see if he would say anything.

"He says he's sorry." Hoshi hyung said for him, and Dk hyung's eyes were glued to the floor in front of him.

"Why are you sorry?" Jeonghan hyung asked gently, but then he held up a hand to stop Seungkwan and Hoshi from speaking for him.

"For not being st-stronger." He whispered and his voice sounded raspy. It was kind of hard to hear him, but I think we all managed to.

"We don't need you to be strong, Dokyeommie. We need you." We all agreed with what Jun hyung said, and I don't think anyone could have said it better. I watched a tear drop onto the floor, and I took a risk of getting yelled at to break the circle and crawl over in front of Dokyeom hyung.

I gently took his chin in my left hand and lifted his face up a bit so I could wipe the tears from his face. Once his face was dry, I took a very big risk and situated myself on his lap. Hyung wrapped his arms around me and put his face into my shirt so he didn't have to look up.

"Does this mean it's my turn?"

"Yes, Seungkwan, you still have to go."