29

Minseo's POV

"Minseo, can you get that please?" Mark yelled from the kitchen, and I quickly ran from our bedroom to get the phone. It looked like Mark was too busy with making breakfast to be able to answer it.

"Hello?" I answered, and I kind of wished I had looked at the caller ID first.

"Hey, Minseo. Is Dk with you?" I looked at the door and frowned.

"No, he isn't. Why?" Appa sighed and I could hear Samuel in the background of the phone asking where his uniform went to.

"He doesn't seem to be here this morning, so I was just wondering if he came to you."

"Why wouldn't he be there?" I asked, and I couldn't conceal the worry in my voice. What in the world would possess Dk to leave the house and not tell anyone?

Appa then explained what had happened and I winced. Mark came over and offered to take the phone from me, but I shook my head.

"We'll keep an eye out for him and let you know if we see him."

"Thanks, Minseo. I have to go. Love you."

"Love you too, Appa. Bye." I hung up the phone and replaced it on its charger before Mark came and wrapped me in a hug. I took in a few deep breaths to try and get my head wrapped around everything when a knock could be heard at the door. Mark tried to go open the door, but I beat him to it.

Without even saying anything, Dk invited himself in and hugged me tightly to a point where I didn't think he would let go.

"Did you seriously get on a bus at around four in the morning?" I asked jokingly, and I could feel him nod against me. I don't remember when he grew taller than me, but in guess it was bound to happen when you're this short.

"That means you need breakfast." My husband added in, and I made Dokyeom stop hugging me so he could sit at the table and eat. The three of us sat down and all ate together since Mark and I hadn't ate yet.

"I guess you have to come with me to work since that's a long time for you to be alone." I stated, and Dk nodded since he knew he had no choice. This is what he gets for not going to school.

"So what exactly happened?" Mark asked, and I forgot he didn't know what was going on. Seeing as Dk wasn't speaking, I explained the whole thing to Mark.

"I feel like we should have expected something like this to happen to Minghao." He said, and I gasped while trying to stop myself from laughing.

"Geez, Mark!" My attempts to not laugh failed, and Dk just shook his head at us.

"Well, I need to get going." My husband said as he stood up and put his bowl in the sink. I stood up with him to give him a kiss, and from the corner of my eye I could see Dk make a face of disgust.

"Bye, have fun today. Don't forget to call your Appa." Mark reminded me as he made his way to the door and put in his shoes and coat.

"Bye." I said, and Dk waved from the table. Mark left our house and I decided it was best to call Appa before it got any later.

After that was all done, I started washing the dishes. Dk tried to come and help me, but I made him sit down.

"You're welcome to stay for however long you need, but if you need me to go get you clothes or something from the house let me know. And don't you dare leave this house without telling me." I threatened playfully, and he smiled softly before getting up and grabbing a backpack by the door. I didn't even notice he had brought it with him.

He opened it up and showed me that there were a couple outfits in there along with his toothbrush. At least now I know that this whole plan was at thought out. Though the fact that everyone in his room slept through him moving around is a bit concerning.

"I'll finish getting ready then, and we'll go in ten minutes." I stated, and Dk nodded. I finished up what I needed to in the bathroom and tied up my hair. By the time I came out, he looked like he was falling asleep on the couch.

"Kyeommie, we have to go." I said gently while shaking him, and he rubbed his eyes. We put on our shoes and coat before walking out of the house. I locked the house up and made sure I had everything I needed. Which I probably should have done before hand. I knew sitting in my office cubicle for the majority of the day while I had to go to several meetings and collaborate with a whole bunch of people from different branches of the company would not be the most entertaining for a fourteen year old boy, but what would he have done at home?

"I'll grab an extra chair from the break room, one second." I said once we were in the office, and I went to go to the break room, but Dokyeom just trailed behind me. I have a feeling this is how the next few days are going to go, but I don't mind. If this is what it takes for Dk to start talking and being more like himself again, my coworkers can deal with him. I will fight anyone who tries to fight him.