68

Dk's POV

"Minghao has gone rogue."

"This isn't a radio command center, hyung." Jun hyung frowned at me, but it might as well be a command center. All eleven of us are sitting in rough circle in the living room and waiting, but also remembering to keep our voices down for the sleeping littles.

"What do you mean he went rogue?" Jeonghan hyung questioned, and Jun hyung paused.

"An officer, Jade he says, is investigating the guys who attacked Appa. He's taking her to the alley Appa was attacked in." This wasn't that much of a surprise to me. If anyone were to go off and into the action it was going to be Minghao hyung. There's no way he isn't enjoying this.

"At least someone's investigating it." Jihoon muttered, and I just now realized how quiet he had been this whole time. I get it though because I'm feeling pretty useless too.

"Uncle Handeul?" Jaehea rubbed her eyes with her fist, and Hansol hyung picked her up and sat down with her on his lap. She always calls Jeonghan hyung, "Hanhan," as in "han one," and Hansol hyung, "Handeul," as in, "han two." I find it kinda funny that she numbered the two of them.

"Where Mom an Dad?" I knew she would ultimately ask where they were, but now I'm worried Jun hyung and Wonwoo won't say anything the others tell them if she's here. None of us want the littles freaking out.

"They had to go do something, Bubbly. They'll be back." Hansol hyung answered her, and she yawned while leaning back against him. The little girl has been running all over the place the whole day and talking nonstop, but now I think she's definitely reached her limit.

"Why are you up?" Seungkwan asked her, and my thoughts then went to the sleeping Kazen and if he was indeed still sleeping.

"Bad dream." She answered, and Hansol hyung started playing with her straight, brown hair to try and see if she would go back to sleep. That's usually all it takes to calm her down and then she's out.

"Kazen's still sleeping, right?" I asked, and she nodded sleepily. I looked over at Wonwoo, and it seemed like he needed to say something but wouldn't.

Someone needs to bring her somewhere so Wonwoo can say what he needs to.

Easy, I'll bring her back to Jun hyung's room and try and read her back to sleep.

"Why don't you go back to bed, Jaehea?" Hoshi suggested sweetly, and she reached her arms out to him for him to carry her. Hosh got up from the floor and took the four year old from Hansol hyung so we could finally hear what was going on. He waited until the two were completely gone before taking a deep breath.

"Other than two broken ribs and a major concussion, it's just a lot of bruising. Doctor said they are going to run more testing to check for internal bleeding before they're allowed to see Appa. It may take an hour or two. Maybe more."

The eleven of us just sat there. I know it could be worse, much worse, but this didn't seem like the best to me either. All we can do is just sit here, that's all we have been doing, and it's driving me insane.

"H-" Chan started, but then he stopped and hung his head. Silence.

"Appa protection squad." Jeonghan hyung said suddenly, and we all looked at him.

"Hyung, I don't know-" I started, but then he cut me off.

"Think about it, he's not going to go anywhere for a while. And when he does, it's going to be tough. The Americanos and I have work, and pretty much everyone is in school activities."

"Those all end soon, though." Jihoon added in, and Jeonghan hyung nodded.

"I think we should all just do what we can when we can. I don't think a schedule will function like it did with Noona." Joshua pointed out, and I had to agree. Everyone is all over the place with finals and studying along with end of the year club activities that a schedule won't work out to our benefit right now.

"Shoot, guys, Appa's work." Wonwoo pointed out, and we all groaned. All of us are extremely frightened by his boss, so there was no way any of us were going to call in and explain the situation to him. Absolutely not.

"I don't know how long we can hold everyone over for." Hansol hyung whispered, and the depth of the situation just hit us. There's a lot more that we never considered and we're not ready for it.

Just please don't leave us, Appa.