33

Seungkwan's POV

Am I missing too much work?

The shock of Dk actually talking to us made me freeze up for a minute. Hoshi ended up having to respond to him while slightly shaking me. It's been almost an entire week for us to hear anything from out triplet, but it's better late than never.

We haven't been doing too much, but I'm sure you'll still have quite a bit to do.

Oh okay. Thanks.

Wait! Please don't go, Dk!

I agree with Seungkwan. Please just talk to us.

I- I don't know...

Hoshi and I looked at each other with extreme concern, but neither of us noticed the looks we were getting from our other brothers.

What's wrong?

I'm n-not sure.

Take your time, Dk.

T-thanks, Boo.

"He's never stuttered before." Hoshi whispered to me, and I nodded. But then again, he also hasn't gone away from us for this long. We're experiencing a lot of new things as triplets these days.

"He's not going to keep talking, is he?" I said with a sigh, and Hoshi slouched down a little farther into his seat.

"Dk?" I nodded at Hansol hyung's question, and some of the others perked up at his name.

"What did he say?" He asked again, and I looked at Hoshi for him to keep talking.

"He just was asking if he was missing a lot of work." You could practically feel everyone shift their attention off of us and go back to what they were doing.

Normally since it's the weekend Minseo Noona would come home and maybe bring Mark hyung with her, but it was just us. Jeonghan hyung and Joshua hyung were already at work this morning, and Hansol hyung was going to have to leave soon.

I miss the days when everyone was home. But that means we wouldn't have Samuel, and I wouldn't trade him for the world. You really can't have everything.

"Can anyone come to the library with me? Appa still won't let me go on my own." Wonwoo asked quite loudly while walking into the living room, and Samuel immediately jumped up.

"I'll go!"

"I'll come along to supervise." I offered, since I knew Appa would never let the two of them go if he won't let Wonwoo go alone.

"Perfect! I'll go ask!" Wonwoo ran out of the living room and down the hallway to go find Appa. I joined Samuel by the door so we could put on our shoes and coats since it was getting cold out with it being November. Wonton came running back out and slid over in his socks so he could do the same. Making sure to put on his signature beanie.

"So what does one do in a library if you don't want to read?" Samuel asked us, and Wonwoo and I just looked at each other.

"Usually after I get new books I go on their computers to play games. I'm sure Seungkwan hyung can show you some things." I nodded aggressively at what Wonwoo had stated, and Sammie just shrugged.

"You could email your parents if you remember their email addresses." I suggested, and you could instantly tell his entire spirit just diminished. I noticed he started slowing down his walk a bit and moving farther off to the side from us.

"What's wrong, Sammie?"

"I've already tried texting the people responsible for a fourth of my childhood, but they won't respond. I've given up on them." I put an arm around Samuel so I could pull him closer and comfort him, and I sighed. I just can't believe they would do that to him.

"Only a fourth?" Wonwoo asked, and Samuel nodded.

"I spent the majority of the time with my real family, so I feel like they shouldn't get that much credit." For an eight year old, a lot goes on in his head. Though it's not like we all weren't complicated children.

"Ah what would we do without you, Sam?" Wonwoo asked with a smile before launching into tickling him. Samuel squirmed around while laughing uncontrollably and he ended up trying to hide behind me. I picked him up and put him on my shoulders so he was safe from the tickle monster, and Samuel raised his hands into the air.

"Is this what it's like to be Mingyu hyung?"