13

Wonwoo's POV

"Chan, I'm sorry. Will you please come out so we can go to school?" I pleaded, but there was no response from the other side.

In my head I had accidentally switched the titles of two completely different movies. The one I meant to play would have left all of us less shaken up, but I had recently learned about the one we watched last night so that was also in my mind. It was the first time I had messed up that bad, and now Chan is paying the price. I had woken up early this morning to see if Jihoon hyung was okay, but he was clinging onto Hoshi hyung and I couldn't tell if that was a usual thing or not.

Hey, Wonton, we have five minutes. Is he coming out?

I don't think so, Gyu. And will you ever give up on that nickname?

Nope.

Mingyu had started calling me "Wonton" when Jun hyung read it off of the Chinese food menu on the street a few years ago. He just hasn't let it go. We've never even ate wontons before.

"Is Chan not coming out?" Appa asked while passing by me, and I shook my head.

"Chan, you have to go to school today." Appa demanded, and I left the hallway because I felt like my presence was unneeded.

You really messed him up, didn't you.

Thanks for the reminder, Gyu. I really needed that.

"I'll bring Chan in later. You two go ahead and be safe. Love you!" Appa called out from the hallway, and Mingyu shrugged.

"Bye, Appa!" We called out at the same time before walking out the door in the direction of our bus stop.

The bus finally pulled up in front of us, and we waited our turn to pile in. Usually the three of us squish into one seat since Samuel's Mom drives him in, so now we have a lot more space. Though I would so much rather have Chan with us than this empty space. It doesn't feel right when one of us is missing.

...

"Everyone exit the building in an orderly fashion." My teacher instructed while the fire alarm went off, and we formed a single file line to exit even though it was most likely a drill.

Wonwoo, what about Chan?

What do you mean? He's probably with his class.

No, the sirens in the movie Wonwoo. Do you know where he is?

I didn't quite understand what he meant at first, until I remembered the meaning of the sirens in the movie. The first was to lure school kids outside and brutally mass murder them, all except for the one child who was being hunted down. And the second was used to keep one of the characters awake so they went insane from the lack of sleep. Out of all the days to have a fire drill they just had to pick today.

Oh my gosh. What have I done?

Think, Wonwoo, think. Our teachers won't let us leave our class, but we know Chan won't leave this building. We need to sneak away and find him.