14

Hoshi's POV

The wind blew around me and picked up a couple of leaves, tossing them into the air. I only had a light jacket on and jeans, but it was enough to keep me warm while I danced in the open space outside.

The school's dance team practice had been cancelled today because the instructor had meetings after school, but all of my other brothers still had their activities. Which is why I was taking advantage and dancing in the open space in our backyard.

Jeonghan hyung, Joshua hyung, the Meanies and Chan all left the house to go grocery shopping not too long ago, so it was just Jun hyung, Hansol hyung and I home. It's only the second day that the Meanies and Chan have had to stay home from school, and our five Uncles had stayed over for the first day, but they had things to do today.

Appa had freaked out as soon as he heard they were suspended for a little bit, but once he heard their story he was okay with it. But now the three of them take any chance they can get to have something to do.

"Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. This isn't okay." I stopped dancing to see Samuel coming out of his house and rambling off in English. I had no idea what he was saying, but I could tell he was upset. I saw him walk towards the direction of our front door, so I walked over to greet him first.

"Samuel, what's wrong?" He jumped a bit and stopped in his tracks. His gaze was everywhere, but no where at the same time, and his fingers kept fidgeting in the air.

"Is Chan home?" I shook my head and he started to pace around in circles, still muttering to himself in English. Eventually, I walked closer and put my hands on his shoulders so he would stop.

"What's wrong?" I asked again, and he looked down at his shoes.

"Can we not do this where my parents can look out the window and see?" He asked, and I nodded before bringing him into the house. I directed the eight year old into my room and sat him down on my bed before shutting the door. We have approximately half an hour before everyone else comes home, but I also have no idea when Chan is coming back.

"Now will you tell me what's wrong?" I asked, and Samuel hesitated.

"So, my parents are getting a divorce and moving back to the West. But apparently I can't go with them because I'm a foster child." His head dropped even further, if that was even possible, and a couple tears dripped onto my bed.

"They may have been fighting a lot, but I don't want to leave them. They're all I know when I think of home." His voice cracked at the end, and a few sobs came out. I instinctively pulled him into a hug and he buried himself into me.

"I didn't even know they're not my real parents." Samuel choked out, and I let him cry for a bit.

"I don't want to leave everything. What if I end up living with awful people halfway across the country that hate me?" Panic was rising in his voice, and I could feel him cling tighter to me. That's when I realized he hadn't been told that we were adopting him. But I also figured it wasn't my place to tell him.

"I promise you that everything will work out. You won't be with people that hate you." I said as soothingly as possible, and Samuel pulled away to look me in the eyes.

"How can you be so sure?" He asked with so much pain in his voice, and it was everything I could do to not tell him. I didn't know what that added information would do to him at this point.

Hoshi, where are you?

Our room Boo, but don't come in unless you have Chan.

Wow, thanks for the love.

Samuel is in here, and the more people there are, the better chance someone will spill the secret.

Oh. Okay. Well, Chan isn't here.

Let me know when he is please, Boo.

"I just have a really good intuition." I said with a shrug before pulling him back into me.

"I don't want to leave you guys, hyung." He choked out, and I brought my hand up to soothingly brush through his hair.

"We won't let you, Samuel. We won't let you."