42

Wonton's POV

"Dongjin, you can come sit with us." Mingyu invited, and the nervous looking eleven year old hesitantly sat down next to us. I could see Sam shift away a bit from everyone, but it was only a slight movement. Even though he's been sitting with us this entire week, he still seems to need an invitation.

"Thank you, hyung."

"So do you like it here?" I asked since I figured after a week he would have some sort of opinion.

"It's a lot bigger than our old school, so I have enjoyed knowing you guys instead of no one. I think I like it here." Ah yes, their old school. We've heard a lot about it and how MingMing hyung was adopted from China. The China hyungs thought that was super cool, so now they only talk to MingMing hyung in Chinese.

"I'm glad you like it here." Channie said sweetly, and Dongjin smiled.

Samuel looks like he wants to run.

He's been looking like that since they moved in, Gyu.

Oh.

Chan seemed too wrapped up in his conversation with Dongjin and his food to notice Samuel slowly moving away. But if I get up and move to sit with him, it would seem rude to Dongjin.

Gyu, once you put away your tray, switch to sit with Sam.

Was planning on it, Wonton.

Will you ever stop calling me that?

Nope.

I mentally sighed and took another bite of my food. The school food isn't awful, but I most certainly liked it better when Minseo Noona made our lunches. Those were the good days and I'm upset I didn't get to enjoy more of those. However, Chan didn't get any of her lunches, so I can't complain too much. Even if it was just a sandwich.

I miss Noona's lunches.

Yeah, we should try and get around early enough to make ours some day.

What are you two talking about?

I tilted my head in confusion since it sounded like Samuel, but there's no way. I looked to my right to see Mingyu looking just as confused as I am. I glanced across the table, and Samuel looked super shocked and spaced out.

Did you just-?

I didn't imagine that?

Mingyu and I both shook our heads at Samuel just so he could physically see that he was indeed talking to us. This is not something I was expecting today.

"What's wrong, hyungs?" Chan asked, and apparently we were noticed.

"Nothing." I quickly answered, and Chan finally noticed how Sam was further away from him than when they first sat down. The nine year old gently tugged the younger closer to him and effortlessly inserted him into the conversation.

Can he always hear us?

I waited a bit to try and see if he would say anything or look at us, but he didn't.

I think it's like popping into a group chat and not being able to scroll up. But you also don't get notifications when you exit.

The heck, Wonwoo?

Well did you understand?

Yeah...

I stood up to go put away my tray, and Samuel came and joined me.

"I can talk with everyone. Including Jeonghan hyung and Jihoon hyung. I haven't tried Chan yet because of Dongjin hyung." He whispered, and Sam seemed pretty freaked out about all of it.

"See? We knew you belonged in this family as soon as you came here."