59

Samuel's POV

"Does anyone know where Dk hyung is?" I asked loudly into the living room, but nobody seemed to be paying attention to me. All I wanted was to find him so I could play a game with him, but this was proving to be harder than I thought.

"Did you forget you can talk directly to him?" I gasped at what Wonwoo hyung reminded me. Forgetting that I can talk to everyone or speak English was a common thing, let alone the little bits of Spanish I had been taught as a child.

Dk hyung, where are you?

I'm with Youngjae, remember?

Oh yeah, have fun!

"Does anyone want to play a game with me?"

"Maybe later, Sammie." Seungkwan hyung responded, and that's when I noticed that everyone home was working on their homework.

I sighed since I knew it would be a while before anyone wasn't too busy to play a game with me, and I sat on the kitchen counter. My teacher never gave us homework today, so I had practically nothing to do. Though I'm sure if I told Appa I was bored he would find me a lot of things to do.

"Why don't you go take a walk, Sam?" Joshua hyung suggested, and I hopped down from the counter. I knew Hansol hyung was at work, so I could probably just chill there for a little while with him.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea." I shoved on my sneakers but didn't bother with a coat since it was the middle of May, and I stepped out into the fresh air. I could always go see if our neighbors wanted to hang out with me, but if my hyungs were busy with homework, chances were they were too.

I put my hands in my pockets and kept my head down as I walked since no one else was on the sidewalk to bump into. I kept my eyes trained on the different cracks in the sidewalk when I heard a familiar voice call my name.

"Samuel?" I looked up at this new person on the sidewalk now with me, and I was surprised they recognized me.

"I thought you moved." The female person in charge of half of my childhood approached me with a smile on her face. It seemed so weird to me to see her again, and I wasn't sure how I felt about it.

"I did, I'm just here for the week since my mother wanted me to come visit her, and I wanted to see how you were doing." She came closer to me than I would have liked, and I took a small step back from her.

"That's cool, but I have to keep going. Nice seeing you." I was so close to walking past her when she grabbed my arm gently, but just enough to stop my escape.

"I think I raised you better than this, Samuel. Can we please catch up for a bit?" Raised me? You didn't know the first thing about truly raising a child. I honestly think I learned more from being around Chan. And if she really had wanted to talk to me, she would have responded to my emails.

"I really need to get to my hyung. He's waiting for me." I tried walking away once more, but her hand still stayed on my arm.

"I'm sure he can wait a bit longer. I'm your Mother."

"No, you were a Mother figure. Now please let me go." She must be insane to still think I would consider her my mom after all this time.

Help.

Where are you?

Not far from the house. You can probably see me from the window.

Okay, We're coming.

Her grip tightened on my arm, and now I really wished I had told Appa I was bored. I would take that ten times over to this. I looked desperately towards the house and saw the China hyungs coming towards us.

"I am very disappointed in you, Samuel." Her face switched emotions to something more dark, and my breath quickened.

"Oh hello, Ms. Kim. How are you?" She let go of my arm at Jun hyung's question, and I immediately went right next to Minghao hyung. He put his arm around my shoulders, and I noticed he had his nunchucks in his back pocket.

"I'm quite well, I was just trying to catch up with Samuel." Her smile turned sickly sweet, and I wondered if they could see through it like I could.

"Oh, I apologize then, but we kind of need our little brother. Maybe another time while you're here?" I looked up at Minghao hyung, trying to figure out what he was saying. There was no way I was going to spend any time with this woman, and I hoped he knew that.

"Yeah, maybe another time. See you later." She smiled with a little wave as she continued walking down the street, and the China hyungs took me into a gap between the buildings were we couldn't be seen.

"Are you okay?" Worry was all over their faces as they looked me up and down to see if she had done anything to me.

"I'm okay. You guys came at the right time. Thank you." Jun hyung immediately engulfed me into a bear hug, and I felt my muscles relax a bit.

"Come on, I think we should go home." I nodded and let them walk me home, one on each side of me.