Chapter: 6

<Chris P.O.V>

I can't believe this shit. After finding out all this information at Tiana's cousin house we decided to stop by her momma house. Thankfully she wasn't there so we walked inside the house and started searching.

"I'll check in my moms office while you check in the attic, that's where she usually stores things at."

I nodded "Ok cool"

Me and Tiana split ways and I walked upstairs. Something about this house felt too familiar but then I remembered she adopted me. So I'm guessing that I used to live here as well.

Since we had time I searched room to room just to be nosy. The next room I walked into gave me immediate Deja vu.

This was my room. I looked around and it looked the same, it was like it was untouched.
I walked over to the dresser and I saw a picture of me and my mother at the beach.

I picked up the picture and sat on the bed. What made me sad was that I could barely remember that day that I shared with her. It broke my heart. I kept the picture and put it in my pocket.

I got up and looked in the closet and I seen all my clothes was still there, it even had my scent on them and everything. I lifted up the box that was in the closet and I sat it on the bed.

I read the black writing on the box and it said "My Memories"

When I opened it there was pictures, a few journals filled with my writing, and a necklace... my mommas necklace.

It was basically a locket that she gave me, I opened it and one side was her picture and the other side was mine.

As I looked at the pictures in the locket I whispered "I love you momma"

I put the locket on and tucked it inside of my shirt. I got up and examined the room one more time to see if I can find anything else. I put everything back in place and I walked back into the hallway.

I was looking at the ceiling trying to find where the attic string would be so I could pull it so the stairs can come down.

"Where the fuck is it?" I whispered to myself.

Then I seen a door at the end of the hall. At first I thought it was a closet but when I opened it it was stairs leading up to the attic. I felt stupid as fuck because I wasted my time looking at the ceiling not knowing there was a door guiding to the attic.

I walked into darkness at first then I flipped the light switch and I seen everything. There were boxes everywhere.

All the boxes were marked down with the year on them so I tried to find boxes through the years of 2003-2012 from when she first adopted me and when she brought me to the hospital.

Then I heard Tiana yell my name "Chris where you at?!"

"I'm in the attic!" I yelled back.

Seconds later she joined me in the attic and she stood next to me.