Chapter: 29

<Chris P.O.V>

We heard gunshots go off and I wanted to know what was going on. I hopped out of the car leaving Dave and the twins inside then I walked over to the building. Something told me to walk around to the back of the building so I did. When I got there I saw Dee about to get in his car but I stopped him.

"Where you think you're going Dee?"

He chuckled "Fuck you mean I'm leaving, I'm not tryna go to jail"

"Look between me and you imma let you go on some real nigga shit. I was gonna kill Amani my damn self but you beat me to it"

Dee walked up to me and dapped me up "Damn you had a hit out on her too?"

I nodded "Yeah but listen, if you ever pull a gun on me again make sure you kill my ass. Because the next time you do some shit like that I'm coming for you and your family, Understand?"

"Yeah bro my bad"

"Alright my nigga I'll see you whenever. Just make sure you get out of town, Oh and change your number"

"Will do. I'll holla at you bro" As Dee said that he hopped in his car and drove off.

I walked back to the front of the building and got back inside the car like nothing happened.

"Do you know what's going on in there?" Dave asked me.

I lied "Nah...they wouldn't let me in, so we'll just have to wait."

"I hope they get that bastard"

I chuckled "Yeah"

As we waited, the cops finally came out and my mom walked up to my car. I rolled the window down and waited for her to tell me what was going on.

"Chris I want you to take Dave and the twins to your house for now until we find someplace safer for him and his kids to stay at."

"Did you find him ma?" I said acting clueless.

She shook her head "No that's why we want you to let Dave and his kids stay with you, he might come back for them"

No he won't.

"But Ma I'm staying at Tiana's until she has the baby"

"Well they're only going to be spending the night. I'll find a safe place for them in the morning"

I nodded "Alright Ma, let me just call Tiana to let her know"

"Ok Chris, I'll be calling you in the morning"

After that my mom walked away and I decided to call Tiana.

[Phone Convo]

Chris- TiTi imma need a favor babe

Tiana-Chris I don't care about favors right now where are you?

Chris- A lot of shit went down tonight and I'll explain when I get back to the crib but can I please ask you for a favor?

Tiana-Ok what is it?

Chris-Is it cool that Dave and his twins spend the night?

Tiana- Why? What's going on?

Chris- Tiana can I just explain when I get there it's a lot babe

Tiana- ....Alright, Just hurry back

Chris- Ok, I love you