Chapter: 12

<Chris P.O.V>

After me and my mom left the Institution it was around 11:45 and I didn't want to be late for this lunch with Saige. We drove back to her job and my mom parked in the parking lot.

"Here I'm gonna lend you a couple of dollars for your little date"

My mom handed me a couple of hundreds and winked at me. I mean this wasn't necessary at all but I was not complaining.

I smiled at her and said "Thanks ma"

"Christopher do you wanna take my car?"

"I don't know how to drive"

I hopped out the car and walked inside the building and instantly spotted Saige. It was 5 minutes till 12 and I walked up to her desk.

She looked up at me and smiled "Hey Chris, imma be on break in a few just give me a couple minutes ok?"

I nodded "Sure no problem"

I sat in the lobby and waited patiently until t was time for her break. Five minutes passed and I saw her leave her desk and go in the elevator. A minute or two later she came back with her jacket and her purse.

"So where do you wanna go Chris?"

I honestly didn't know because I haven't been nowhere since 2013 and it's now 2019. I'm pretty sure there's new places out that serve lunch.

Then I responded "Oh um... let's just go to your favorite spot. Where do you like to eat at?"

"Well we can go to Applebee's real quick"

"Oh ok cool, I remember that place"

She smiled "Well let's go, I'm driving by the way"

Thank God because I didn't know how, plus I didn't have a car.

We left the building and headed straight to Applebee's.

<Tiana's P.O.V>

I watched from a distance as he went inside that girl's car. So that's the girl he left me for? That's cool, but anyways I watched them leave the gated building and drive off. I followed them till they finally reached their destination.

*A few minutes later*

They parked into the parking lot of an Applebee's and I just watched them. Chris looked real happy with her, I know he wasn't because he loved me. He can't love another female.

I decided to go inside the Applebee's and order a table but across the room so I won't be seen. I couldn't hear them because this place was bombarded with other people's irrelevant conversations.

I watched as she left the table and headed to the bathroom. This was my chance to make conversation.

I walked over to the table where Chris was sitting at and I sat directly across from him.

"So are you having fun with your little girlfriend?"

He scuffed "Ti, What are you doing here?"

"I was just checking on you that's all"

"Well can you leave now?"

I looked at him like he was crazy "Why? So you can go on this wack ass date 30 minutes after we broke up?"

"Ti it's not a date, I'm just going out to lunch with a friend"

"Tell me you love me and I will leave"

Then he spoke genuinely "You know I love you Tiana but I gotta move on"

"Why move on if we love each other? That's what I'm not understanding Chris"