Chapter: 18

<Chris P.O.V>

While I was waiting to go back into the courtroom I had my mind on Tiana. I understand why she couldn't come but at the same time I wanted her to be here by my side.

"Aye Chris what you thinking about bro?" Tyga asked.

I turned to him and sighed "I was just thinking about somebody that's all"

"Well we're about to go in the court room in a few bro, look between me and you when this shit is over I'm tryna smoke, you down?"

I nodded "Hell yeah nigga"

We dapped each other up then heard someone clear their throat. Me an Tyga both turned to see my mother standing there.

"Y'all gonna do what?" She raised her eyebrow.

Damn I forgot she was standing right next to us the whole time, she was quiet as hell.

Then Tyga tried to clear it up "Oh-uhh we uh um tell her Chris"

"We...are gonna eat some smoked chicken....right T"

Tyga nodded "Y-Yeah that's it"

"Mmhmmm" my mom said raising her eyebrows.

Me and Tyga looked at each other and started laughing. My mom obviously didn't think anything was funny but we just had to let that laugh out.
A few minutes later we went back inside the court room and I was ready to get this over with and get the justice that me and my mother deserved.

We sat back in our spots and waited for the judge to come back.

Then Tyga whispered to me "After this they're going to sentence ya pops and his girl."

"Well they need to hurry the fuck on" I whispered back.

Then finally the judge came in and sat back at his podium.

"All the defendants may rise" The bailiff stated.

We stood up and waited for the judge to speak.

"With all the evidence that lies here in front of me today it's real easy to just start some sentencing. But before I do I'll give all of you a chance to plea one more time to defend yourselves."

I raised my eyebrows and looked over to Clinton and Cheryl to see what they were going to say.

Then Clinton spoke "Your honor... ok look I can admit my faults BUT I did not harm Christopher or any other patients of that matter"

I rolled my eyes and laughed to myself.

"Cheryl how do you plea?"

She sighed "I plea guilty your honor"

At least Cheryl had some balls.

"Christopher,Hawkins... would you two like to share anything else?" The judge said.

Me and my mother shook our heads "No your honor"

"Ok then well now it's time for some sentencing. Clinton Brown you're going to be sentenced to 48 years to life for attempted murder, kidnapping, and running an illegal practice. And as for Ms.Cheryl Williams you're sentenced to the death penalty for Manslaughter and Kidnapping."

Damn....it would've been cool if it was the other way around but I'll accept this too.

After they were sentenced the officers took Clinton and Cheryl away. I wanted to be and asshole and say some slick shit to my pops but it wasn't worth it.

When we left the courtroom I grabbed my mom and hugged her tight.

"Ma after all these years of pain and loss today we finally got our justice.....We finally got it ma"