Chapter: 61

•Day 1•

<Chris P.O.V>

Today is my first official day of rehab. After checking in yesterday with my mom all I did was just settle in and get to know everybody in here. It's pretty cool in here but I feel like I honestly don't need to be here, I can control my intake.

Today all patients including me, had to go to the main room and talk about our 'struggle stories'.

I personally don't have one because I never struggled before.

We all sat in a circle and the nurse began to talk.

"Hello everyone I'm Nurse Cooper and we're going to start our first exercise for the day. Each one of you are going to share about what you personally struggle with and why you're here"

I mumbled "This is some bullshit"

"Excuse me? Did you say something?"

I looked at the nurse and shook my head "No"

"Ok now let's get started, Kamila you can go first honey"

Kamila nodded and spoke up in a nervous tone "Um hi everybody, as y'all may have heard my name is Kamila and I have been struggling with the addiction of cocaine for 2 years now... and I'm here to obviously get clean but the main reason is so I can be there for my daughter."

The nurse smiled "I'm glad that you're here to change you're life around"

"Same"

Then the next person went "I'm Terrance and I struggle with alcoholism...well to me it's not a struggle cuz I can handle my liquor but my family just be trippin out"

I chimed in "Exacty bro"

"Excuse me..." The nurse stated.

"Chris" I finished her sentence

She continued "Yeah Chris, I'mma need you to keep your comments to yourself ok?"

I threw my hands up "My bad"

Then Terrance continued to speak "But yeah I've been only drinking for a few years"

"How long is a few years Terrance?" The nurse asked.

"6 years"

My eyes widened "God Damn bro!"

The nurse looked at me in frustration and she began to speak "Chris since you like to talk why don't you share why you're here since you're new to the group"

"No problem, I just smoke cigarettes" I shrugged.

"But what I'm seeing from my paperwork here it shows me something else. Either keep lying or tell the truth Chris"

This petty ass bitch didn't have to say that shit out loud.

I chuckled "So I'm lying now?"

"Nobody goes to rehab for cigarettes"

I sighed "Alright damn, I'm addicted to cocaine and percocetts"

"And why is that?"

"Damn! You want me to tell my life story to everybody?"

She responded "No I'm just wondering why you're addicted to cocaine and percosetts"

"Well NOSEY, since you wanna know so bad I was depressed and the only way to get through it was drugs"

"What's the main motivation for you to stop doing drugs and coming here?"

I sighed "I have two babies at home, I don't want to be around them knowing what I do"