Chapter: 45

<Chris P.O.V>

Tonight me and the baby were officially leaving Cali. My mind was filled with memories that I shared with Tiana. It breaks my heart to know that she's really gone. When we boarded the plane I felt a sense of regret. I didn't wanna leave Cali but I had no choice. It was either leave with my child or stay and have my child taken away from me.

~A few hours later~

When me and Marcell touched down in Virginia I called an Uber and headed straight to Tiana's beach house. When we arrived at the front door I remembered Tiana always kept a spare key in the mailbox so it was easy to get inside.

I mean if I didn't have a key then I would've broken in.

I got me and the baby settled and we were just in Tiana's bedroom watching tv.
I was thinking about calling my mom but I didn't know if she was awake or not because it was 10:11 at night.

She might panic if I called this late...I'll just call her in the morning. I sat the baby up on the pillow then I got up and walked to Tiana's closet.

She still had some of her clothes here. I grabbed one of her shirts off the hanger and I began to smell it.

"I miss you babygirl..." I said while getting a whiff of her scent.

I hated the fact that she left me, why would she leave me? Tears fell from my eyes and I held her shirt closer to my heart.
The baby began to cry and I walked over to the bed. I picked him up and began to comfort him.

"Please don't cry...it's gonna be alright I promise. If you stop crying then I promise that I will stop too, deal?"

I was rocking him back and forth hoping that he would stop crying but he didn't. Maybe he was feeling what I was feeling. A sense of pain and loneliness.

I didn't know what to do, I tried everything but he wouldn't stop crying. So I had no choice but to call my mother.

[Phone Convo]

Joyce-Hello?

Me-....Hey Ma, can you um do me a favor?

Joyce-Chris it's late can you just call me in the morning?

Me-I need help with the baby and I need you to come over.

Joyce- How can I come over when y'all are all the way in California?

Me-I'm in Virginia...at Tiana's beach house, can you just come over please?

Joyce-Is everything alright?

Me- Yeah ma, can you please just come over?

Joyce-Give me 15 minutes and I'll be there

Me- Thank you ma... I love you

Joyce-I love you too Christopher

[End Of Convo]

While I waited for my mom to come I brought the baby in the closet with me and I sat down on the floor.

"I'm never gonna leave you like mommy did...Daddy is always gonna be here" I said as my emotions began to built up.

My emotions were everywhere. I went from sad to frustration to anger.

I started to get even more upset at Tiana because she made the selfish decision to leave. But then again I missed her like crazy.

~15 minutes later~

The doorbell rang and I quickly ran downstairs and opened the door.

"Hey Ma"