Chapter: 68

<Joyce P.O.V>

Since Tiana let me watch Marcell, I decided to stop by Léla's house to pick up Royalty so she can spend time with her brother. Also so I can have more bonding time with both of my grandchildren.

When I arrived to her house I had Marcell in my arms while I rang the doorbell.
I waited for a little bit until it was time for Léla to unlock the door.

Weirdly there was no answer, so I rang the doorbell a couple more times but she didn't answer.

Something in my gut didn't feel right so I decided to call Léla's phone to see if she would answer.
As I was doing this I decided to walk around to the back of the house. When I got there I noticed that the back doorway was cracked open as if someone has already been back here.

I removed the phone from my ear as I held Marcell tight in my arms and I walked into the house. As I was walking around in there I instantly heard cries from upstairs.

I quickly made my way upstairs and headed to Royalty's room and saw that she was crying in her crib.
I carefully picked her up and comforted her until she stopped crying.

"What the hell is going on?" I whispered to myself.

After she stopped crying I put her and Marcell down and I started gathering up her clothes. I was wondering where in the hell was Léla at?

I finished packing a bag for RoRo then I put it over my shoulder. Then I grabbed both of my grandchildren and searched around the house for Léla.

"Léla?!" I yelled.

I walked into her room and looked around, she wasn't even in there.

Where the hell is she?

When I was done checking her room I left and went straight to the next room which was the bathroom.

I turned the knob slowly and opened the door. Soon as the door opened I saw Léla unconscious on the bathroom floor with an opened pill bottle in her hand.

How can she do a cowardly act like this? Léla abandoned someone who needed her the most...Royalty.

I sighed and left the bathroom before I decided to call 911.

I left the house and decided to wait in the car with my grand babies until the cops showed up.

As I was waiting I decided to call Tiana to tell her the news.

[Phone Convo]

Tiana-Hello?

Me-Tiana this is going to come at you by surprise but Léla is dead

Tiana-What? How did she die?

Me-It looked like she had an overdose...but I called 911 already and the authorities are on their way.

Tiana- Wooow this is horrible, I honestly didn't expect this to happen

Me- Me neither and the messed up thing about it is that she basically abandoned RoRo. I found her crying in her room, I don't know how long she was crying like that before I got there

Tiana- Poor babygirl, just bring her and Marcell over here...you wanna speak to Chris and tell him everything?

Me-Yeah put him on the phone

Chris-Hey ma wassup?

Me-I don't know how to tell you this but Léla is dead

Chris-....