Chapter: 9

11:35 pm•

<Chris P.O.V>

Tonight I decided not to sleep, but I had my reasons. One obvious reason was because of that reoccurring dream I was having every night. And two, I had this weird feeling that something weird was gonna happen.

As I was laying on my bed I heard the door open slowly, I turned around to see who it was and it was Nurse Banks holding something behind her back.

I sat up and looked at her "Nurse Banks....what are you doing in here?"

"I came to see you, um why aren't you sleeping?"

I looked at her confused "If you came to see me then why would you want me to be sleep?"

"I was just checking on you"

As she said that she kept walking closer to me but I backed up and hopped off the bed.

"What's behind your back?" I pointed.

Then she revealed the fluid filled needle "Oh This? I'm doing someone a favor"

"Who? My father?"

She looked at me confused "Your father? Dr.Evans is your father?"

"Why does that matter?"

"It doesn't. Well come here and let's make this quick, this will knock you out but you'll be back up in no time."

I walked over to her and said "Alright, do what you gotta do"

As she was about to stick the needle in me I snatched the needle from her hands and I injected it in her neck. Soon after she collapsed to the floor.

I should've known this old man was finna try some bullshit. I grabbed the keys from her pocket and put them in mine. I grabbed my small duffel bag and put the clothes that I had in there and I put my sneakers on.

I hid Nurse Banks in my closet and I snuck out of my room. I locked my room door from the outside then I went to the break room to find Nurse Banks purse. I found it hanging on one of the hangers.
I searched inside and grabbed her wallet then I carefully crept down to the back entrance. There was an alarm system so I used Nurse Banks key card to get out.

I only knew one place to go and that was Tiana and Egypt's place.

12:45 midnight•

<Tiana's P.O.V>

Me and Egypt were up all night watching scary movies bundled up in our blankets. I loved scary movies but we were watching The Conjuring 2 and I was becoming paranoid because it was dark as hell in her house.

"Ti can you do me a favor? Can you go to the kitchen and get my water out the fridge?"

I chuckled "Why can't you get it? You Scared?"

"Tiana Please. Ain't nobody scared" She said smacking her teeth.

"Ok then get up and get it yourself"

Egypt sighed "Fiiine, can you come with me?"

"Girl! If you don't get your scary ass on"

"Ok, Ok fine"

Egypt got up from the couch and then the doorbell rang making her jump in fear.

"Oooo maybe it's the boogeyman" I joked.

Then she whispered loudly "Tiana Shut Up!"

The doorbell rang again and I got up.

"Who the hell is ringing your bell at this time a night?" I asked Egypt.