Chapter: 74

<Chris P.O.V>

My night was filled with excitement. Spending time with Kelly on the beach really kept me open minded. I felt relaxed when I was with her, she brought out the Chris that needed to be set free when I was held captive in that mental institution. I can finally say that I'm happy. Later on that night I took Kelly back to her place and I spent the night.

Surprisingly we didn't have sex.

All we did was converse about anything and everything that came to mind. It was like I could talk to her about anything.

For once I could just have a conversation with a woman and fall in love all over again.

It honestly felt like a new start of my life, a new part of my life that I've been looking for this past crazy year.

Maybe it was meant to be to not be with Tiana, Saige, Amani, Lydia, or Léla....

Maybe I had to go through those obstacles to find the right person for me and it was Kelly. I felt like she completed me.

For one she understood me, she never did no crazy shit or force me to do anything. We've just been going with the flow. Even though there is sexual tension between us, we can control ourselves with just holding a steady conversation.

This is what I needed.

I was laid back in the hammock in Kelly's backyard just holding her looking up at the stars.

"Chris...I've never felt this close to someone before"

"I honestly couldn't have said that any better. When I'm with you I feel so comfortable around you it's so surreal"

Kelly chuckled "It's surreal moments like this that make us expand our minds and just think about our lives. If we never even met each other, where would we be in life?"

"Dead"

"Why you say that?" She asked curiously.

I continued "If I never went to rehab I would've been strung out somewhere or left for dead"

"Oh..."

"Where do you think you would've been if we never met?"

I heard her breathe calmly before she spoke to me "I would've been where I'm at right now...minus you"

"Kelly can I ask you something personal?"

She nodded "Of course"

"Tell me your definition of love...real love"

"I never had real love before so I don't know if I can answer that honestly"

"Ok let me rephrase that question, what do you think of when you hear real love? What do you want out of real love?"

Kelly continued "When I hear real love I just think about a person giving the same amount of energy towards their partner. When I hear real love I think of being there for your parter and giving them your all. But what I want out of real love is genuine feelings and a mutual and physical friendship"

"So you believe in friends before lovers?"

"Absolutely, And id rather take my time with a relationship instead of rushing because I think I'm in love with that person"

I chuckled "That's were I kinda fucked up with Tiana plus she was crazy as hell"

"Well now you don't have to worry about making that same mistake with me"

I looked into her eyes and sighed "You really don't know how much I really want you. But imma respect our friendship and I'm gonna take my time with you. I'm not tryna mess up something special between us."