Chapter: 47

~Back in Virginia~

<Joyce P.O.V>

It's been days since I've heard from Chris and I'm honestly worried about him. I know it's my fault for calling those two detectives in but I had to follow procedure. When Chris friend Michael told me what happened in California I didn't believe him at first but he blackmailed me. He said if I don't turn Chris in then I'd lose my job, I didn't want that to happen.

I was sitting in my office handling some paperwork then my boss walked in.

"Agent Hawkins you have a visitor"

I nodded "Ok ma'am send them in"

After my boss left a person came in with their  whole body covered. The person who I'm guessing was a woman had a hijab on which was covering her face and had a long black dress on covering every inch of her body.

I watched the woman sit down at the seat in front of my desk and she began to speak.

"Watch out for him, he's gonna come after you mainly because he wants to get at Christopher"

I looked at the woman confused "Him? Are you talking about Michael Stevenson?"

She nodded "Be safe Joyce"

As she got up I watched her walk away but then I stopped her.

"Wait, who are you?"

The woman looked back at me and lifted her hijab to reveal her face.

"This is who I am..." she put her hijab back on then continued "Make sure you protect Chris, you may not know it but he needs you"

~Back In Louisiana~

<Chris P.O.V>

I don't know why Lydia trippin, She better be glad I didn't lie to her ass. If I say I don't got deep feelings for you because of my traumatic experience then why are you getting mad for? Like I said before to her face, she's childish as fuck. What she gonna do? Make me love her? I mean yeah her pussy is fire but I don't love the bitch.

My son was up and we were just watching tv together and I heard Lydia's loud ass from downstairs.

"Chriiiiis!"

I sighed and yelled back "What?!"

"Come here real quick!"

I rolled my eyes and sighed in frustration before picking my son up and going downstairs.

One thing that I've got real accustomed to was not leaving my child's side. Wherever I go, he goes and that's mandatory. I'm not even sure if I want Lydia's mom to watch my son later, I never even met the lady before.

Once I reached downstairs me and the baby met Lydia in the kitchen and it looked like she was getting ready to cook.

"What you want Lyd?"

She responded "I wanted to know what you wanted to eat later"

"Well what was you planning on cooking?" I asked curiously.

"I was thinking about making steak, mashed potatoes, mac&cheese, and cornbread"

I joked "I'm a vegetarian babe, you know I don't eat meat"

"Baby stop playing" she laughed.

"Alright, Alright I'm just fucking with you. Go ahead and make it, I'll be upstairs."

She nodded "Okay"

I pecked her lips and smirked "If I wasn't holding my son I would've helped you cook, I'm an amazing chef"