Chapter: 64

<Tiana's P.O.V>

I'm starting to regret a lot of shit but at the same time I feel like it's my fault for why everything is going how it is. I regretted the day I gave my ring back to Chris, I regretted letting him put his hands on me, I regretted kissing Léla, I regretted letting her see my vulnerable side. I regretted everything.

I personally felt that everything going wrong in my life was my fault. If I chose to stay with Chris the day he proposed to me then I feel like none of this would've happened.

But I heard everything happens in this world for a reason.

But what was the reason?

Everything that's been going on has been breaking me down.

When I was home me and my son were just laying down watching tv. I looked down at him and smiled.

He reminded me so much of Chris that's why I'm so close to my baby. Even though Chris wasn't here, I just felt like my son gave me his energy. And it's crazy because my son and Chris acted the same way.

It was funny to me how my baby would hold the same facial expressions that Chris would make.
For instance, I remember a day when I was at Léla's house and I picked up RoRo instead of Marcell and he gave me the same stank face that Chris would give me.

All I could do was laugh because it was too cute. Deep down I really missed Chris, if only he was here with me right now.

~Back At The Hospital~
•4:15 pm•

<Joyce P.O.V>

When Léla and Tiana both left I decided to stay a little longer with Chris. As a mother I feel like I failed him. Throughout all of his life he's been through so much. I just pray that my child was ok.

I was sitting next to Chris bed and I just looked him and wished that I was in that situation instead of him. It hurt me to see him like this but something in my gut told me to find out what happened to him because this was so sudden.

Something didn't feel right.

Before I left the hospital room I decided to make a quick prayer before I left. I walked out the room and searched for the other nurse that I was talking to earlier.

"Excuse me ma'am"

The nurse turned to me smiling "Yes? Are you leaving?"

"Yeah I am, I just wanted to know if one of you ladies were gonna check on my son frequently while I'm gone"

"Yes we will I'll have someone check on him right now"

I nodded "Thank you, Oh I also wanted to ask a quick question"

"Sure"

"Do you know what caused my son to have a seizure? Did anyone at the rehab explain what really happened?"

The nurse continued "No, The nurse at the rehab center only explained to us that he had a seizure in his sleep"

"Last Night?"

"Yes ma'am"

I stood there confused "So why did you guys just bring him into the hospital earlier today?"

"I'm not sure ma'am, me and one of the doctors were just talking about that because the story didn't sound right"

"Do you know which nurse called you earlier?"

She nodded "Yes but I can't give out that information"

I went in my purse and took out my badge then I showed it to her.