A Good Uncle

Chapter 4

"I didn't know that you are friends with Stella in the next street." Katherine happily said while she puts the grocery down the table one by one.

Kara froze.

Stella is the daughter of the old chattering old lady.
She impose on their conversation.
At first, the old lady is reluctant but she lied and said that her father is actually a Japanese so she is very good with it.

Since the neighbor doesn't know who her father is.
It is a good excuse and it will issue a foundation of trust.

It has been 2 weeks since she starts tutoring Stella.
It has been going well.
Stella has been confident enough she can pass the exam.
Also, Stella knows a lot of applicant abroad who needs to learn other language and she is recommending her.
A lot of them raise a brow and doesn't trust her but some bite it cause she is cheap.
Only 50 pesos per hour. They study for 5 hours so she earns 250 a day and in 2 weeks she earned 3500 for 2 weeks. So cheap!
But Kara is very satisfied with it.
If she raised her value the customer wont bite her offer cause whatever skills she has if they doubt her they still wont get her service.
She is also contented that she can use the skill she learn before that cannot be put to use.

"Y-yeah? Ahahaha.. I wonder what Mother is talking about?"
Sweats are forming at Kara's back.
She is working on her assignment in the living room and actually just lazing around.

"What else? She is so excited when I met her at the mall. She handed me 2 thousand pesos. She said to gift it to you. And that she passed her examination and she will be flying abroad. Why would she give you money if she is not your friend? And also, why would she tells you her happy achievement? Hm?"

Kara gulps and looks away.

She warns Stella and her family not to tell Katherine about her father because she is very sensitive and lie about him all the time and get depress.
They comply for 2 weeks but suddenly they become restless.

But Stella's passing means more business for her.
A passing student is the best advertisement in doing this business.
She is very happy.
And the tip is very generous in her opinion.
Philippines is not a wealthy country.
Money is very important to have a happy and comfortable life.
A lot of people wants to run abroad because of how low is the salary is so people who will needs to learn other nations language wont be low.
She never thinks that she can earn money with this.
Good thing she is stupid and tried a lot to impress her father.

"Ye-yeah. We become friends lately." She almost bite her tongue while lying.

"Oh. Mother is very happy."

"Hm..."

Kara sighed when her mother went to the kitchen and ended the topic.

She is writing when she pauses and point the end of the ballpen in her temple and think deeply.

In 3 years time, a secretary will come to their house and bring her away.
But that is in the past.
In three years, she wont come and be taken away.
She will not live her life pleasing that man again.
No way.
She doesn't hate him but doesn't care about him anymore.
And those bitches sisters can all go and fight among themselves for all she cares.
She just here laughing at their useless efforts.

Ring.....

"Oh. " look how spoiled she is.
Mobile phone right now is very expensive but she has one.

"Who is that?" her mother doesn't own a phone so she uses her daughter's number as a contact.
Before rebirth, Kara always delete her Mother's contacts and ignore calls for her.

"It is Uncle Ethan! I will answer." She said.

She heard her mother answer with a hum and get back to the kitchen.

"Good afternoon Uncle Ethan."

"I read your text. I will secure you a slot. You have to atleast get an 80 plus as an average or you wont be able to get a scholarship." Uncle Ethan is her mother's best friend.
He never talks in roundabout way and go straight away.
He always scold her so she doesn't like him before(rebirth) but now she knows he is very caring and very honest person so she wants to be close to him.

"Thank you Uncle. Mother's birthday is near. You should come and eat with us."

"You are inviting me?"

Kara can hear the shocked in his voice.
Kara chuckles.

"It is better to eat out with someone who is loaded." She said teasingly.

She heard Ethan laughs at the other side.

"Okay. Okay. I will eat you two out. Just look forward to it."

"Thanks Uncle."

"Yes. Yes. Be good. Let me talk to your maid."

"Mother is not a maid!" she pouts.

Ethan laughs again.

Kara gave the phone to her mother who is chopping the vegetable.

She left them to talk privately.

Why is she so stupid?
Back then, Uncle Ethan is very kind to her and her mother but she always thinks lowly of him and hated seeing him.
Now she is very ashamed.
She will be good this lifetime and gave back the respect and kindness this honest man gave them.

She happily went back and answer her homework.

Kara didn't see her mother peeking on her from the kitchen.

"Yes. I heard she dreamt about me dying from overworking. She suddenly become very kind and filial." Katherine wipes the tears in her eye.

"I am very shocked when I received her text last night. She is very polite that I almost run to a faith healer and ask for divination." Ethan laughs.

"You tease her so much that is why she doesn't like you so much."

"It is my fault, it is always my fault." Ethan is very happy in the other side.

"About what I talk to you last time?"

"Ah. Your daughter also ask me. I will do my best so all we have to do is trust Little Kara to do her best."

"Ethan...I dunno but... I am very happy that I gave birth to her."

"Hey, you are crying? This woman. Just be glad. Just be glad."

"Thank you for always helping me."

"Omg! I am so kind."

"You are."

Laugh.

A/N:

Hmmm...
Hahahaha..

I am glad everything is back to normal.