Heart To Offer

Kara's P.O.V

November 10.
Uncle Ethan's 41st birthday.
I am so happy and excited that I blow the candle for him.
He just happily rubs my head and gave me his birthday wish.
I wish that he will live 100 more years.

Tomorrow, Everyone will be going out of the country trip.
Anastasia and Chocoa are going to spend their whole 3 days with a manner and good conduct strict teacher Madame Pia. Good for them. Though they are lost case already.

I will be staying at Mom.
But Uncle Dad called and told me that Mom got admitted to the hospital because of her uncontrollably vomitting and she's getting weaker.

"I want to take care of Mom!"
I said in the phone.

"Baby, behave. Your mother is already self pitying. If you came she will starts crying again. Be good,okay?"

"Hmm..."

"Im sorry. I dont want to do this to you."

"I know. Take care of Mom and her baby. Please Uncle Dad."

"Yes. But where are you going to stay? How about I call your Uncle Ethan?"

"No. Dont. Uncle Ethan planned a 2 days vacation with Teacher Mika. They hardly had time to spend together. If...If he knew I am alone he might drop that and I will feel terrible."
I said softening my voice thinking how self important I sounded just now.Uncle Ethan actually got permission to have a 2 days Vacation prior to his birthday. A special celebration for couples.Yet I cant help feeling Uncle Ethan will drop everything he planned for me. That is how much I think I value to him.

"....he sure will." There is a sound of helplessness and defeat in that tone as Uncle Dad sigh.
"I also will do that for you. Believe me."

I chuckle.
"Dont compete. You have Mom and baby. You cant prioritize an 'adopted child'."

"How are you adopted? You are mine even you didnt came from me!"

"Yes. Yes. Uncle Dad loves me the most."

"So where will you stay?"

"Ill stay here, probably."
Or I can ask Penelope to adopt me for 3 days. Yet I dont want to disturb her and her family.

".....Ill call Ethan."

"No. Dont."

"Then ask your Dad to stay so you wont be alone."

"I...I cant possibly do that." I laugh awkwardly.
I know we gotten closer but Dad likes to be partial.
He doesnt like to be closer to one daughter espicially.
So I dont want to be selfish and take him away from the bitches, I mean from the snakes, I mean my sisters.
Though the birthday girl wont be joining the fun for stupidiest reason.

I sigh.

I am feeling depress but I just shakes my head.

I went and gone to Dad's Room.
Amazing.
He really had a room.
I thought he only use the study room in this house---Im exaggerating.

Knock knock.

"Come in."

Dad's lazy voice.
I almost flinch and fan girl him.
I take a deep breath and open the door.
Dad in a red and black bathrobe while drinking wine. Straight from film movies!
If he is not my Dad I think Ill get a nose bleed from this sensual man.

"Kara? What is wrong?"

His forehead knitted into a frown and his voice stiffened.
In my past life, I thought this tone indicates that he is irritated at me so I will cower and leave as fast as I can.
Looking closely.
Dad is just stating his concern toward me.
Im really foolish back then.
Isnt it only because I am afraid to be hated?
I am afraid he will hate me so I stay far away.
Now that I am living a second life, I nonchalantly believe that being hated again wont make any difference but I got a huge bargaining harvest!
I got to know him a little bit more...