Surname

Chapter 10

A lot happens and it is now the first day of High school.
Katherine is healthy and she has recently accepted Richard’s love.
They are officially a couple and Kara is happy for them.
Uncle Ethan is as doting as ever but now Teacher Mika favorably distracting him from seeing her on a daily basis.

Katherine wont die in young in this lifetime.
And Kara already taken the greatest achievement of being a person who has lived her life before.

Richard hand grips the steering wheel hard and soft constantly and looks at the little girl---little lady beside him.
The calmness in the girl’s face makes him more sweaty and conscious.
This is the first time they are spending alone time.
Richard is happy that the honor of taking Kara at school was given to him.
Such a calm and reasonable girl, he never seen one in person.
Richard likes Kara a lot but he knows how aloof she is and unconsciously build an invisible mirror between them.

“Are you nervous?” –cause I am.
Richard ask not finishing his sentence.

“I am fine.” Kara looks at Richard and answered.

“O..h…” Richard wants to bang his head on the steering wheel.
There is an awkward silence and they reach their destination.
Glad and disappointed, Richard opens the door for Kara.

“Thank You Uncle Richard.”

“Ah…Um..Kara, can I call you Kara?”

“Sure.”

“Ah..”

“Is there something else?”

“I know it is sudden. And you must be wary of me.. What I mean is.. I am sincere and I court your mother with the plan to marry her someday .”

Richard looks at Kara.
His hand is clench in a fist controlling his nervousness.

“Thank you.” Kara smiles.

“Th—thank? You are not mad?”

“Uncle is very sincere. I am glad and happy. In the future, Never bully my mother.”

“I will never! I promise.”

Kara nods.
“Okay. I have to go—”

“Katarina!”

“Do not call my whole name or Ill get really mad.” Kara glared in an instant.

“S-sor..”

“Eh? Sorry. I am not very fond of my name so… Sorry for shouting.”

“No, it is my fault. But I didn’t know you doesn’t like your name. It is very beautiful.”

It is because of that damned ex boyfriend!
He is the only one who sweetly calls her name.
Whispering to her ears.
It makes her wants to throw up thinking about it.
It still pisses her off.

“It is a long story.” She avoid eye contact.

Richard nods.

“Kara, I like you very much.”

“….Uncle.”

“I will never force you but someday I wish I can stand beside you as your father.”

Kara closes her eyes.
A father.
Richard in her past life become single man all his life and died from health failure after her mom died.
He is an honest and loyal man.
If it is him, he can be a perfect father.

“I have my own father.” Yet she cannot accept anyone else.
Her father is not yet dead so how can she replace him?
Even if he is useless and a nuisance and selfish.

Richard face reddened.
“I-I am sorry for saying something irresponsible of me.”

“No. I am thankful. You are saying this because you want to adopt me right?”

“I—”

“I am carrying my mother’s surname and people pity me because I don’t even know my father’s name. But I want to give him a chance. To tell him, I am willing to wait for him.”

“I understand. But no matter what happens in the future. You can always count on me.”

“I know.”

“…..can I hug you?”

“Okay.”

The two hug for a while.
Kara pats Richard’s back patiently when he trembles and starts to cry.
This man is very sweet.
Making her steeled heart soften a bit.

In her past life, Gabriel gave them his surname Azure.
She doesn’t want Richard to have conflict with Gabriel so she rejects him.
And also, she is not willing to throw the only claim she has to that unfeeling man.
He only gave me his surname.
Only that.
So how can I not want it so badly?

Humped.
He doesn’t know how filial I am yet he just throw me like this.

“Kara! I saw you just then. Who is that man with you, your long lost father?”
A former classmate ask Kara.

“My Uncle.” She answered and went to the front seat.

“It looks like he is loaded.” She continued to talks to her.
Maybe because there is no other acquaintance around or because she has ulterior reason.

Kara glares at her so she backs off saying some insult before she left.

“Good Morning Class. My name is Leonard Flavio. A pleasure meeting you all.”
He said but his eyes stare at every one coldly.

“Good morning Sir.” A lot of new students cower.

Leonard stare at everyone.
But there is one girl at the front with a widen eyes strange from everyone’s scared stiff expression.
Bewildered and Astonished.

“Is there something wrong Miss in the front seat?”

Kara glares at the man.
Isn’t he Leonard Flavio?
Yes.
He just said Leonard Flavio!
Fuck her!
Aren’t you Xian?
Does that mean Xian is also in this school?
But in her past life, She never encounter Xian at school but the name Leonard Flavio is a famous name.
A teacher favored by female.
There is no pictures of him but he is very accommodating and charming.
She doesn’t meet this Leonard Flavio in her past life because her “friends” wont bring her when they visit his room and forbids her from approaching him.
Leonard Flavio, this cold blooded handsome Duke of Knowledge font job is actually a teacher?
And he works so close to her she doesn’t even know?
Maybe because in her past life she is in the bottom class section but now she is in the class one so she can meet him?
What kind od privilege?
Can she not meet him instead?
This man looks like this but in her stay with Gabriel, Xian is the most openly cold blooded murderer.
Felix is the most brutal but he doesn’t show it in his face.
If you anger Felix, you’ll never know how you died and for whom.
Xian is different. He torture his enemies openly and kills them slowly.
King sounds very kind suddenly.
Weighing the pros and cons….King sounds really a nice person.

“There is none.” She cant help grinding her teeth.

She remembered that when her boyfriend drug her, Xian is loitering around so he must have known.
But this fucking guy doesn’t bother and pretend he sees nothing.

In the end it is her fault but if he just help even a little, she must not have died so painfully!

Leonard/Xian has been subjected to female students affection and hatred. But he never has anyone who loathes him so badly she has been glaring at him so openly.

“Am I that handsome to you?” Leonard/Xian smirks.

“Ah…Too blinding handsome.” Kara said as if slicing him dead with every single word.

Not only Xian, everyone stiffen from this murderous words.

A/N:

Anger or Hatred.
What should I feel?
Lols